Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Moneymaker's phone and email have been disconnected. I have sent three letters to them regarding my Ljutic Spacegun. Someone is picking up the priority and regular mail, as none of my letters have been returned. Jay Barnes the owner is nowhere to be found. Unfortunately, today I was forced to file Grand Theft and Fraud against Jay and Moneymaker Gun Craft in order to get my gun back (hopefully.) Do not under any circumstances send anything to Moneymaker. If any of you happen to come into contact with Jay Barnes, please ask him to return my Ljutic Spacegun. You can see it in the picture. Thanks

·
Administrator
8,525 Posts
Shot410 Im sorry to hear about this issue and your space gun, I hope you get your Ljutic back and the person responsible does not just hide behind a defunct company and is nowhere to be found.

·
Registered
6,022 Posts
Shot410 Im sorry to hear about this issue and your space gun, I hope you get your Ljutic back....
+1

This is a real shame. Moneymaker has been providing quality products for many years. I hate to loose a vendor like them, but this has been coming for quite some time. Lots of negative stories about customers trying to deal with them over the last year or so.

Just goes to show you.... nothing stays the same forever.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Moneymaker's phone and email have been disconnected. I have sent three letters to them regarding my Ljutic Spacegun. Someone is picking up the priority and regular mail, as none of my letters have been returned. Jay Barnes the owner is nowhere to be found. Unfortunately, today I was forced to file Grand Theft and Fraud against Jay and Moneymaker Gun Craft in order to get my gun back (hopefully.) Do not under any circumstances send anything to Moneymaker. If any of you happen to come into contact with Jay Barnes, please ask him to return my Ljutic Spacegun. You can see it in the picture. Thanks

I bet they didn't own the building and were locked out. If that's the case the landlord or bank won't want to get involved with guns owned by others but it might take some time to sort everything out. Or the guy is really sick as stated

I found this

Customers draw blanks finding gunsmith

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
The big question is why does it so frequently end this way with these guys who do custom gun work? Does all their integrity go down the toilet once they're reached a certain point in their business and/or personal descents and they stop giving a shit about the people who delivered their prized guns to them in good faith? It seems to be a very real trend among that group.

Just further confirmation that I need to stick to my rule – if I can't drive from my home to their shop between breakfast and lunch, then I'm not sending them my guns. Even such proximity is no guarantee of anything, but I'd like my chances of an amicable resolution a lot better if I were dealing with a semi-local.

·
Registered
501 Posts
It sucks to hear about their service I was going to get a rib on my doubles gun I'm glade I did not send it moneymaker I hope all of you get your guns and barrels back. Zack H

·
Registered
858 Posts
I had to call the sheriff on another well known gun maker years ago, he had it for months and would not return letters or phone calls. After calling the sheriff I had it back in less than a week.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
It's a shame. They had a national market all to themselves. Talk about a business opportunity for someone. I wish I had taken machine shop in school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
was a time when a name was worth more than silver and gold.
in todays world its just about silver and gold.

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I bet they didn't own the building and were locked out. If that's the case the landlord or bank won't want to get involved with guns owned by others but it might take some time to sort everything out. Or the guy is really sick as stated

I found this

Customers draw blanks finding gunsmith

Thanks for the information. I will be calling channel 6 today for an update. He said he would return all guns by July 1, in the story. Guess what, I never received mine back. What a jerk. If you run into him please, ask him to return my gun.

·
Vendor
7,254 Posts
i was with jay on july 1st and your lujtic was on the table being worked on , along with 4-5 other projects--- jay said he is wrapping up those to satisfy everyone and then will see how he feels
jay was in the hospital july 5th but back at the shop on Saturday-- he can only standup for about 4 hours as his leg is numb(?)
I cant answer why he hasn't returned calls or mail responses- no doubt after rays passing that the shops direction changed
ditchparrot-- fyi- they own a very old building, and I mean old!! in a poor part of Omaha - I lock my doors on the pickup quickly!!

I will again see jay later this week and will give you an update
wally riebesell rock port,mo 1 hr from omaha

·
Registered
273 Posts
From assessor's website (public records), owner of the building:
Owner
BARNES ELDON R
1461 PHELPS ST
OMAHA NE 68107-0000

It is assessed for 32,600, and that is probably high. Fairly rough neighborhood.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts