Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably a long shot but, I’d like to find a Winchester Model 42 with a Cutts barrel. Ideally an original Winchester barrel with no choke marking, but that’s kinda like looking for the Holy Grail.
So, would like to find a shooter quality gun. Condition of good to excellent. I’m not really looking for a project that I will have to restock, reblue, rechoke, etc.

Here’s my fantasy:

Model 42 with a 28” barrel (including the Cutts), Simmons ventilated rib, 14 1/4” LOP, 1 3/8” DAC, target forearm. Good bluing and minimal handling marks on the wood.

Now that I have identified what I WANT, please tell me what you may have.

Thanks in advance

· Registered
489 Posts
A quick search turned up a few on GunBroker & GunsInternational. None with factory Cutts, but certainly a few to choose from while you continue your search for “the right one.”

Good luck!

· Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I just received a pm from someone who said he lives in Montana and said he had a Model 42 that was just gathering dust. The phone number he gave for me to contact him was 406 770 5780. I called the number and someone speaking very broken English with a heavy middle eastern accent answered. The conversation was very short as I could barely understand what he was saying. When I asked for details about the gun he said he would provide pictures and then promptly hung up !

Something ain’t right ! I am suspicious that someone has scammed the WTB ad I’ve posted. Should I report this to the admins ? The pm was from “Dannywill.” His profile says he joined 23 days ago. Has a few very brief postings. All basically one sentence comments.

· Registered
489 Posts
Well, it's good that you have your antenna up. Tread carefully, as I'm sure you will. See if any photos show up. If so, there are some next steps you can take. If I were you, I would just sit tight for now, do nothing, and see what Dannywill" (or won't) does next...

And I wonder how he was able to PM you with fewer than 50 posts? :unsure:

Reactions: BMWBOB

· Registered
476 Posts
Hi I understand you are wanting a model 42. I have several but not in the configuration you are looking for. If you don't have any luck, I have a model 12 20 ga. pegion grade with a factory Cutts. No choke marking and knockout wood. Please PM me for more details if this may work. Thanks, bundy

· Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi I understand you are wanting a model 42. I have several but not in the configuration you are looking for. If you don't have any luck, I have a model 12 20 ga. pegion grade with a factory Cutts. No choke marking and knockout wood. Please PM me for more details if this may work. Thanks, bundy
sent you a pm

· Registered
3,118 Posts
I had a M-42 with deluxe wood, solid rib and a Cutts, the added weight from the rib and Cutts kept it from being whippy. Killed a LOT of doves and skeet targets with it. When I had to go to a release I sold it to a gent in IN.

Pat

· Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Or Model 42 needing wood and bluing. I’ve found a Cutts assembly so I can “build a gun.”

Dont need a collector or 98% gun to be able to do what I want to do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts