Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to purchase a pre-1964 dedicated "Model 12 Trap" as my first trap gun.

Usually I like a 14 1/4 length of pull.

Anyone out there have an honest gun at a fair price for sale through my local FFL?

Will pay cash but I have a very nice 1941 Remington 31 full choke for trade

·
Registered
337 Posts

Do you have any pictures of the Model 31? Is it a trap model? I do have 5 model 12' three original Y-models and two conversions one money maker and one simmons. All have very nice wood alex Kotter

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Model 31 is a gorgeous field model, full choke, that I will try to get you a picture of tonight. Looks new, I really mean it, except for a couple of spots on the receiver. Has an extra firing pin and firing pin spring.

I want an older dedicated trap gun.
Part to keep the cost down, part for the nostalgia.

·
Registered
301 Posts

Bushmaster1313,

I have a Model 12, Nickel Steel Barrel, 12 ga., 28" full, vent rib & trap wood, 95% condition, 14-3/8" LOP, $600.00 + shipping to your FFL holder. Send me your e-mail address for pics.
Dennis
Phone: 928-486-3549

·
Registered
1,155 Posts

i have a 1936 2 pin milled rib i am going to sell it is marked "standard trap" it has a right hand rollover anton stock. been reblued. great shooter but they didn,t do the reblue very good the barrel is turning purplish pm me if interested & i will get back with you in a couple days or 3 i am in s e iowa.dwain

·
Registered
1,514 Posts

Barry, Foggy wouldnt sell that "skunk grade" for all the money he has won with it--and that is a BUNCH!!!!

He told me that when he leaes this world there will be a special pocket in his casket for the "skunk".

·
Registered
628 Posts

Bushmaster: I have an as new Y model, with soft touch, Stuart Wright barrel work and original box. I would be interested in your Model 31. Pehaps we can work something out.

E Mail me at [email protected] and tell me if you are interested and where you are located.

Jim

·
Registered
20 Posts

I have an older model 12 that is in real good mechanical condition.
It shows some use but no abuse. It is 30" full choke. I shot it very
well some 20 or 30 years ago. It's not mine. My friend passed away
and I'm selling it for his son. It's $600.00 plus shipping.

If your 31 is a trap model or at least a 30" full with a rib barrel
I'm interested in it. Could you email me some pics.

I can email pics of the model 12 if you are interested.

Thanks & good luck Ray

·
Registered
326 Posts

Although I think a model 12 is a wonderful gun. I would lean towards a BT99 or a 1100 or a 391 auto. With the BT you will have a trap gut that can take you as far as you want. The only problem is it is for singles and handicap only. With an auto you would be able to shoot all the trap games singles, doubles, and handicap. Even Skeet, sporting clays, and 5 stand with the proper choke tubes.
Find a good used 1100 have an adjustable comb cut into the stock and you will have a great gun with an investment that you can get your money back out of if you want to trade up to a combo.
mike t

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.