Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone told me he saw a set of Model 12's, 12-20-28-410, unfired with consecutive serial numbers. I was not aware that they were "sets". Apparently, these were for gun dealers that sold Winchester products. What would something like that be worth?

Charlie

·
Premium Member
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was told they were all Model 12's, I don't know a great deal about Model 12's. That sounds strange about model 12ignorance living in KY.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My best guess would be for new, vented rib;
12ga $1500.
20ga. $1500.
28ga. $5000.
410ga. $6000.

Total $14000.

Consecutive numbers - $3000.

New total $11000.

Try to sell it yourself or auction house + seller's premium.

good luck, Notime2

·
Premium Member
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not my guns. Friend told me these sets were made available at the time to dealers only. The serial numbers are consecutive so they would all be one brand, Winchester.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
For a complete M12 set you would also need a 16 ga. I had a Browning set:
2 20 ga, 2 28 ga & 2 m42's. A standard & a high grade of each ga. Sold them to Cabelas for $6000 (I think).

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
A model 12 .410,I bet you have to pay extra for that one...

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
doc Becknell,
Browning offered these with consecutive s/n's, our friend Bother Parrott has/had a set, got them
From Charlie Lee if memory serves me correctly,

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I have also seen the Illinois 410 Model 12. I believe Barry Roach on this site has too. When I seen it the price was $4000. Unfortunately I didn't have it!

There was another Model 12 410 said to be in Reno.

·
Registered
489 Posts
The 410 model 12 is a counterfeit there has never been a factory gun presented at any time for inspection. This comes up every few years and it is bull shit. I know the man who made the roll dies and I knew the man who built the guns and I am real familiar with the whole deal. PS stainless Winchesters only had stainless barrels. I have never seen a documented gun that was all stainless.

Roger Eubanks

·
Premium Member
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the input. And Brother Hale is correct, Dr Parrott is a Model 12 aficionado.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I recently heard there was a four gun set of model 12's in a fur buying shed in southern Minnesota, I will find out the name of the town. I was told they were 12ga, 16ga, 20ga, and28ga. Have not seen them with my own eyes, I will find out more info in the morning.

·
Banned
3,881 Posts
"While only the lengths as listed here for the various gauges were available as listed in the catalogs, we must bear in mind that a few very rare special lengths were made. The writer[George Madis]has inter-department correspondence and work orders for the barrel shop that lists special barrels, such a lot of twenty-four barrels in the thirty-two inch for length for the sixteen gauge, made for the Model Twelve in 1937. Another lot of barrels, four in all, were made in the .410 bore, twenty-six inch length, for the Model Twelve. Some thirty-two inch barrels were made for the twenty gauge, and a number of twenty-four inch barrels were made for the twelve gauge."

THE WINCHESTER MODEL TWELVE by George Madis

1 - 20 of 72 Posts