Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my last Model 12 and it's a fine shooter. A mid-1950's 20ga, Skeet gun with the Winchester Special Vent Rib. The bad news is that it has a Cutts Comp installed that really hurts the value. On the plus side is that it was ordered with a straight grip stock that is pretty rare and it's unaltered with the original buttplate and an LOP of 14 1/4 inches.
m121.jpg
m122.jpg
m123.jpg
m124.jpg
m125.jpg
m126.jpg
. The wood is quite fancy and I'd rate it about 80-85%. The blue has some tiny speckles on the receiver but still rates a solid 90%. The bore is excellent and the gun is slick and smooth with perfect mechanics and timing. The barrel is 27 inches overall with the Cutts. A great fun skeet gun and nice field gun too. I only have the skeet tube for the Cutts but you can often pick up others on Ebay. You'll be pleased with this gun and the way it handles and shoots. A pretty good deal at $1295 delivered.

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No it is not a Simmons installed rib, although it was designed by Simmons and licensed to Winchester. It was introduced in 1954 and was known as the New Winchester Special Ventilated Rib! It was commonly called the round post donut base vent rib. It was available until approx 1961 when the final M 12 rib style was introduced and used until the M12 was discontinued.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts