Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally found a ribbed model 12 barrel that didn't cost the same as a complete model 12. I bought it outright on Ebay. It arrived today and fitted nicely to the reciever. Like everything on Ebay, it was descibed as Mint. The only problem I see are the beads are not centered. I haven't shot it yet, and even with the crooked beads, I am going to keep it. I am assuming the only options I have would be to have the holes plugged and new beads installed. I am curious, would anyone do this on purpose or do you think it was a drunken gunsmith?

regards,

Todd / Illinois

·
Registered
245 Posts
If they are off, and it may be the angle of the photograph, they aren't off much. And, you don't 'sight' a shotgun like a rifle. So, they shouldn't even be a part of your apparent target when you are shooting. I'd let them be.

Jack

·
Registered
20,285 Posts
Look to be one line right of center. Won't bother you much after you've shot it a few times. Kind of like when the Dentist fills a tooth, you just CAN NOT keep your tongue from exploring. Your eyes will only see the slightly right beads for a little bit.

Don T

·
Registered
295 Posts
Take the center bead off and shoot the shotgun like it was meant to be shot. The front bead is just a reference point not sight like a rifle. Les

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Michael,
That is a real possibility. I am a little OCD over things like this.

I can cheat the end bead with a little twist. The mid bead is the one I really noticed.

It would be less of a problem if it wasn't freezing rain and snow. I could spend an hour at the pattern board and get a feel for the old girl.

If you see a snow man, kill him. No one will report him missing.

regards,

Todd

1 - 7 of 7 Posts