Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting light strikes with my model 12. What's involved in changing the hammer spring? Source for instructions?

·
Vendor
7,389 Posts
i have a new spring if you need one-- but dont ask me how to change! wally riebesell 660-744-4115 cst

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have done it several times ---- the first time I was up fairly late at night getting everything put back correctly. It isn't real easy like a Citori, etc.

If you have the trigger out you can see if the rod the spring rides over has a hole drilled in it towards the rear (all of them except the very early guns do). When you put it back together, you will need to place a paper clip (or something similar) through this hole and use it to hold the spring under tension after you wind some of it up over the clip (to shorten the spring and allow it to be reinstalled).

The other tricky part is to get each of the action side lock springs correctly spaced with one over and one under the pin. You can use a punch that is a little undersized to get everything lined up before trying to actually get the pin back through the trigger assembly --- as this way is much easier.

Also note that the carrier pivot screw is LEFT HANDED. It is that large screw on the right hand side.

If you are comfortable taking things apart and putting them back together, then I would say give it a try (after looking everything over good) but don't expect it to be real easy the first time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.