Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if this is a Winchester factory number? I looked in the George Madis book, he says they numbered some on some guns both stock and forend but he does not give the location. According to the guy I bought it from he claims that his father bought it as an “Upland” version. It’s a 3 pin and looks like a trap gun. The comb height is between the trap and field height.
I did not have a camera with a macro lens so the photos are blown up. The number is on the toe of the stock just to the left. The actual number is 090-10-6221 size is 3/4” x 1/8”. Could not find a number on the forend.
I’m going to cut this stock but not if the number is meaningful.
Larry

View attachment 199211

View attachment 199212

View attachment 199213

·
Registered
441 Posts
Someone stamped their Social Security Number into their stock. The 090 prefix means they obtained their SSN in New York.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Larry, Ask the guy you bought it from if his Father had that SS number. As for 090 being from NY, I got my SS # in NY many years ago, and it is not even close to 090. Larry Evans

·
Registered
441 Posts
@Oldgahchamp - New York SSN prefixes range from 050-134. Bet yours falls inbetween that range.

http://www.mrfa.org/ssn.htm

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oldgahchamp: That's not his dads number. The dad bought it from a guy form Millville Gun Club in Wexford PA. That guy bought and sold mostly Winchesters.
gunut54:
The bluing on receiver is 50% and some patina the bluing barrel and tube are 80%. (Estimate) If it shoots well for me I am going to sent it to Wright for a tune-up and reblue. It’s just a shooter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.