Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
10,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has a really beautiful pre-64 Model 12 in nearly perfect condition, but here's what's strange. It has 4 holes on the left top side of the receiver with small screws. This is done so well, that it looks factory. My question is is this some sort of factory gun that I've never seen before?

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view&current=DSCN1154.jpg" target="_blank">
Text Font White Product Line
</a>

·
Ljutic Nut
2,953 Posts
I would guess that PDW1938 is right. It may have had the scope mounted on it before the person had that Simmons/Moneymaker rib installed.

Jim R

·
Banned
3,402 Posts
Tron I would leave it alone and shoot it. You could have the holes welded up and bead blast the top of the receiver and reblue it. Depends on how annal you are I also have several of the Duck Bill ends if you want to make it look factory. Money is an object I like can't figure out why?
Buddy

I spoke to P3at he said you are like a storm threatening you may come down hope you make it this year

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Agree with the above. Not factory. (but a pretty good job)

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
yep, scope mount. not worth the time and money to fix it. ignore it and wear the gun out shooting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.