Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I used to have one. It was also an overbore barrel. I didn't know it until I sent it off to have choke tubes put in and they said they couldn't do it because of the bore size. I don't remember exactly the size though. That was back in the 80's. Not sure when it was made. It was definitely a Remington factory barrel. Now Hastings also made some replacement barrels.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Remington came out with the 34" full choke trap barrel in the late 70's. It wasn't very successful which is why they stopped making them. I had one and couldn't get rid of it fast enough.

·
Ljutic Nut
2,968 Posts
I have a 34" Trap Barrel out in the safe now. Some guys like them and some don't. I shot this one for a while and I didn't have any problems shooting it. It's just a different barrel, no better or worse than my 32" or my 30" barrels

Reactions: bjp

·
Premium Member
10,601 Posts
Card Guns: Shotguns with very full chokes used in competitions shooting at stationary targets, usually made from card board marked with an “X” intersecting at the mid point of the card.

The winner is determined by the shooter who places a single shot closest to center of the cross.

The game has been around since shotguns and is often seen in the fall at “meat” or “merchandise” shoots. Most folks use their favorite standard sporting shotguns but some of the most serious competitors build up “Card Guns” that throw incredibly tight patterns. Card guns usually have longer than the usual barrels.

There are many variations of card shooting and maybe others will chime in.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Card Guns: Shotguns with very full chokes used in competitions shooting at stationary targets, usually made from card board marked with an “X” intersecting at the mid point of the card.

The winner is determined by the shooter who places a single shot closest to center of the cross.

The game has been around since shotguns and is often seen in the fall at “meat” or “merchandise” shoots. Most folks use their favorite standard sporting shotguns but some of the most serious competitors build up “Card Guns” that throw incredibly tight patterns. Card guns usually have longer than the usual barrels.

There are many variations of card shooting and maybe others will chime in.
A friend in Toronto had a 34" full choke barrel for an 1100 that he used at Christmas turkey shoots around the local clubs just as you described.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts