Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
It's almost like the marketing of golf clubs. "Yesterdays" driver which sold for $500 now sells for $75 on ebay and has been replaced by a "new and improved" driver for $600 !! Ed

·
Registered
653 Posts
I had each on my parallel and trap models. What was apparent is the optima choke quickly would build up plastic wad residue and was a bugger to clean. Another item of concern is the optima chokes would not stay tight until I added a layer of plumbers tape to get a better seal. I prefer the mobil as it felt like it was giving a more dense pattern at long yardage.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Mobil chokes never performed well in my 390 Goldend Mallard. I shot steel in only IC. I went to a Victory extended choke and things improved quite a bit for trap and skeet. The Optima chokes now in my 391 Urika are a vast improvement. They tighten down and don't loosen while shooting. The pattern is very consistent. I often wondered whether there would be any more improvement with a Briley, but when the Optima is this good, I don't see why one would spend the money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.