Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know when the Minnesota all-state team are going to be announced or when they are typically announced?

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
I'm sure the "Lit" must be on the Minnesota team.........even though he does live in Missouri now.

He's such a popular guy!

Hauxfan!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Sorry, everyone, I made my work and my family a priority the last three weeks (not in that order). I've confirmed the State Teams with the MTA board by email this past week, completed all announcement letters for mailing and am working on the press releases right now. I will post everything Tuesday afternoon here after everyone (should probably) receives notification in the mail, and send to our official website (www.minnesotatrap.com) at the same time.

Happy New Year to everyone,

Sally Stevens
MTA Secretary

·
Registered
653 Posts
With the new format I couldn't find this thread--I will post all the teams here as there has already been one addition.

Sally

·
Registered
93 Posts
Congratulations to all the MN State Team members!!! It's good to see the state wide representation on the teams.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Congrats all you Minnedamsotans, good job making the teams, hope to shoot with some of you in June. I am still sad that I did not see Denny's name on there. Scott

·
Super Moderator
3,183 Posts
Wow, tough state if Scott Gens couldn't make it. Am I missing something? Harv

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
Minnesota Trapshooting Association!
State Team 2014 Requirements
General Requirements! !
• Only ATA registered targets and Minnesota club attendance from September 1, 2013 through August 31,
2014 will be used in consideration of the Minnesota 2014 State Teams. !
• Shooters must register 700 singles, 700 handicap and 500 doubles in state (Senior-Vet and Sub-Junior
categories are not required to shoot doubles). !
• Shooters must complete the HAA (High All-Around) at either their resident Minnesota Zone Shoot or the
Minnesota State Shoot (Senior-Vet and Sub-Junior categories are not required to shoot the doubles
component of the HAA). !
• Shooters must compete at a minimum of 4 different clubs* in Minnesota (NOTE: Junior and Sub-Junior
!categories are exempt from this requirement).
*Your resident Minnesota Zone Shoot and the Minnesota State Shoot, regardless of location,
EACH count toward your 4 required clubs. If you attend an additional ATA registered target event at
! that location it will also count toward your club requirements.
Example: Jane attends her resident MN Zone Shoot in Alexandria and attends the MN State Shoot,
also held in Alexandria. Earlier that spring she attended an ATA registered shoot put on by the club at
the Alexandria Shooting Park. Jane now has fulfilled 3 of the 4 Minnesota club requirements for
consideration of the 2014 State Team; she will have to attend an ATA registered shoot at another
location to complete her 4 different club requirement.
Target Requirements! !
• In addition to the general requirements, please note the specific target requirements necessary for your category:
!

·
0 Posts
The four club policy is fine for people who reside in or near the metro area. For guys like me who live in an extreme corner of the state, it presents a hardship. Most of my shooting is done in SD simply because of where I live. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
653 Posts
The four club rule was put into effect before I joined the board years ago. It and the 700/700/500 in-state target requirement were added to support and bolster Minnesota clubs.

·
0 Posts
I guess if one of the finest shooters in the country, Scott Gens, doesn't worry about it, neither will I. I'll go where my schedule and checkbook will allow and let the chips fall where they may.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts