·
Registered
9,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
12,273 Posts
They lost - 2100 students to BLM and feel good BS of 'safe spaces.'

Remember the rabid female teacher who went after the cops - got herself fired in the process?

Wonder how many students this will cost them... more importantly, how much money from supporters. (they had a 75% drop in annual giving this year already).

Reactions: Gussers

·
Registered
329 Posts
As a huge Mizzou fan this is just a follow up from the issues that plagued the program last year, the coach should have never been hired in the first place, the players are too busy smoking dope and protesting to return to the first rate team of the past. Not going to watch them anymore.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I did not personally hear what was said. If he said that team members can not own a handgun, that is BS. If he said that firearms are not permitted on campus and that is a campus-wide rule then he is just parroting the administration and the rule needs to be changed. If he means that if one of his team commits a crime with a handgun or while in possession of a firearm, I agree wholeheartedly with him. I would like to hear the whole story.
I was raised 30 miles from MU and was a huge fan when I was young. Now, not so much but before I condemn a coach I would like to hear the whole story.

Mike

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
More liberals shooting their mouths off. Or their foot.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Brian, very well stated
"Liberals can't tell you if something is right or wrong until they know the color/gender/politics of the people involved."
The absolute truth!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Every player who accepts a scholarship from a college, signs a contract with stipulations in it. If those contract stipulations state that the player can't be in possession of a firearm while under scholarship, then the coaches have a point. The student has the option of signing the contract and abrogating some of his/her rights as a condition of acceptance, or refuse and not accept the scholarship or aid.

This isn't some type of "new ground" being plowed. Every contract, because of its very nature, requires the parties to give up some type of right(s) in coming to an agreement.

These "student athletes" are "adults" at age 18, and can enter into contractual agreements on their own volition. If they don't have their own lawyer review and advise them on the contents and stipulations, then shame on them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts