Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received word last night from a reliable source that Minnesota State Shoot is cancelled for this year. Wasn't surprised.

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
Where's this info coming from? Nothing out on their website or Facebook.

Minnesota Trapshooting Association
8 mins ·

June 3, 2020

TO: MTA General Membership & Out of State ATA Members

RE: 2020 Minnesota State Shoot

Hello fellow Minnesota Shooters and Out of State shooting friends,

I regret to inform you that the MTA Board of Directors have voted to CANCEL the 2020 Minnesota State Shoot and the 2020 Minnesota Zone shoots.

After conferring with Alexandria Shooting Park ownership and management, the hoops and hurdles we would have to go through to follow the Governor’s mandates would be overwhelming. ASP stated that they would need a month to prepare if we were to have a shoot, so that is why the decision was made now. Postponing was not really an option since our shooting season is so short. The rest of July and first part of August are stacked with so many other shoots, if they happen this year, then school starts and we lose our trap help so this was an unfortunate decision we had to make.

The Governor and Department of Health have really tied our hands in Minnesota. I had the feeling after the Governor extended the stay at home order another two weeks, then would only let the bars and restaurants open outside, that the State Shoot would most likely not happen.

Also, the ATA Delegate and Alternates have decided to not have any State Teams for 2020. Most people only have a few targets from last fall registered, so it would be more of a participation trophy this year. In the next 2-3 weeks I will put together a small document listing shooter’s accomplishments from 2019 and have that posted to the MTA website and Facebook.

Board Members still have raffle tickets to sell. If the State Gambling Board does not allow us to extend the raffle, then we will have to draw winners on July 12th and winners will be notified.

Please keep your 2020 State Shoot programs for next year. The program itself will remain the same, but the dates will be different. Most likely we will have an updated digital version on the MTA website and Facebook, and maybe a one page flyer mailed out. The 2021 State Shoot will be July 5-11, 2021.

Sorry to have to make this decision and disappoint so many of you.

Matt Bickell
MTA President

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks 9manfan.

Maybe we could just call it a riot? Then the state will pass out PPE to everyone for free and send us on our way. Call it good!

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Maybe put in a cooler and sell milk and eggs then you would be an essential business?
A busy Menards store would run thru more people than the shoot would see on any one day and would not be spread out as much.

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
Maybe put in a cooler and sell milk and eggs then you would be an essential business?
A busy Menards store would run thru more people than the shoot would see on any one day and would not be spread out as much.

Right, this is such bull $hit, I would of waited 2 weeks and if there is not a huge jump in Covid cases after all the riot's in the last week in the cities you know it would of been safe to have the shoot, but I'm sure the liberals will cook the numbers to make it match their agenda..................

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
I believe the South Dakota State Shoot is still on.......................

Reactions: jslytlemn

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Just rename the state shoot ..Call it the George floyd memorial loot shoot.Have a few black lives matter posters printed up and posted at the entrance.Give away gym shoes for each class and some liquor for high overall.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts