Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With sadness, I must report that former MN Trapshooters Association President Ron Baker died today at 5:30 PM after fighting cancer for 3 years. In Ron's career, he registered over 185,000 ATA targets, traveling to shoots in many different states. Ron will be missed by his friends, especially for his work as webmaster and active volunteer for the Buffalo Gun Club. For several years, I shot post 2 to Ron's leadoff spot. I can attest that Ron breaking 100 straight was not unusual. A memorial service will be held at a later date.

image007.png

·
Premium Member
11,862 Posts
Sorry to hear it Denny. I communicated with Ron a few times shortly after Neil passed. Seemed like a good man.

My condolences to his family

·
Registered
642 Posts
Lit,

Sorry to hear this news, I did not know Mr Baker, but I certainly understand how tough it is to lose a close friend.
My sympathy goes to his family and friends.

Release.

·
Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 31.5/34 combo with a prosoft
1,197 Posts
Incredibly sorry to hear this. Ron was a first rate guy. He worked with me on a transaction on here that didn’t end up working out and he was an absolute upstanding guy about it. He happened to strike up a conversation about his medical issues during our correspondence (he was selling an item due to fit change and weight loss). Despite everything, he was optimistic and seemed to have a great outlook. A loss for the trapshooting community to be sure.

·
Thorn in your side
8,114 Posts
Sorry to hear the news. Losing a friend and fellow shooter is never easy.

·
Premium Member
3,132 Posts
Sorry about your buddy Lit !

Good thing he shot lead-off, It'da been tough for him to focus on targets with you shooting and swearing right before his turn...

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Condolences.

Losing a long-time shooting friend is always hard.

·
Administrator
8,591 Posts
Sorry to hear this news LIT. at some point we will all be shooting some registered again and the good memories will honor a shooting partner and supporter of our sport.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Sorry to hear he past away. Always opinionated, but had trapshooting number one in his thoughts. He liked to work with Neil Winston experimenting with guns and loads. Will miss running into him at the Buffalo Gun Club. Rest in peace Mr. Baker.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Denny......Lost another good guy......Ron will be joining Bob Hudek's squad in heaven They are saving post 3 for me and 4 for you.

Maltz

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Happier times. At a Buffalo club shoot, Ron (right), dared me to use my old model 12. He's holding it for the photo, I'm holding his P-gun. Chuck Eckstein is in the middle. Ron teased me endlessly about my old gun but I won the shoot with a 99. Ron and Chuck broke 98s.

Buffalo GC winners.jpg

1 - 20 of 20 Posts