Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nebraska also has a large high school shooting population.. and the largest school district in the state doesnt even have a team as far as I know.

Our High School state shoot is next week. I'd imagine around 2500-3000 kids will shoot.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
very nice,

one of the school districts here started a clay target club this spring, they have right around 60 kids who have paid up and are shooting

I would be helping them out, but it runs the same time as the 4-H shooting program I am in charge of.

·
Registered
22,897 Posts
Man that is impressive, especially from a state that would vote in Al Franken, WTH? Scott
With the vote split like this;

Political Parties
  • Constitution Party.
  • Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party.
  • Green Party.
  • Independence Party.
  • Libertarian Party.
  • Natural Law Party.
  • Republican Party.
Is it any real wonder that a failed comedian ends up in the Senate and a bad 'Actor' ended up in the Governor's mansion?

One of those kids shooting on one of those teams is shooting a very nice Browning that I sold his dad ( for the son specific High School Team use ). The night he tried it I fit it close enough to him and his style that he made a lot of ink in the air. I hope that in the course of shooting it this Spring he keeps going to the patterning bench at Metro Gun Club and re firing the "Winston Course" that I used on fitting him at that time since as he shoots he will change to a more natural stance and may not centerpunch his targets like he did that evening. It takes a tweak here and there for most of us.

Don T

·
Registered
140 Posts
West End Gun club (Eagan) hosts multiple HS teams from around the south metro, pushed the adult league back 2 weeks. We are ok with that, we see many kids exposed to guns for the first time, fear of guns is what needs to be eliminated. Take it to the masses, populism is Minnesota.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I live in the Byron Minnesota school district. They have a very active trap team. If you Google Byron Minn. high school trap team you will find some interesting videos.

·
Registered
328 Posts
48 student athletes on our team ranging from grades 7 thru 12. Many new shooters, and they pick it up quick. Plenty of smiles when the targets are breaking.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sally Stevens, mentioned in the article and her husband Mark, are absolutely the greatest ambassadors of this sport we could find. They have mentored hundreds of kids, not to mention volunteer coaches all over the country and are a big part of the trapshooting movement.

My son had the privilege to work with them this week. I cannot praise them enough about their passion and selfless approach to the sport. They travel all over the country speaking and teaching on their own time.

Like I said.... great ambassadors of the sport.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
This story is a model for the rest of us. Thank you for continuing to publicize the growth in the State of MN. You have done the right thing the right way and folks are jumping on board.
It is very good to see.

·
L'Étoile du Nord
497 Posts
There are lots of people who deserve credit for the increase in youth shooting in MN. In addition to the names already mentioned in the Startribune article and in this thread, former MTA President Mark Zauhar deserves recognition for his relentless efforts to advance trapshooting in MN through growing the youth program.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts