Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many people have counted Minnesota for Clinton but maybe it shouldn't be.

Minnesota Students Vote 2016 is the first statewide mock election for high school students. Over 77,000 students so far have cast a mock ballot for U.S. President. Find how the students voted below:

Statewide results
Total schools participating: 280
Total schools reporting (10/31/2016): 213
Total students in grades 9-12 voting: 77,017

Candidate Party Total Votes Percent
Donald J. Trump and Michael R. Pence Republican 26,930 34.97%
Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine Democratic-Farmer-Labor 25,333 32.89%
Office of the State Of Minnesota Secretary of State

77K votes is pretty substantial sampling and is probably pretty accurate sample of what 18 to 24 year olds are thinking and maybe what their parents are thinking as well.

Thought it was interesting and wanted to pass it along.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Very optimistic – but with elected officials like Senators Al Franken, Amy Klobuchar and Congressmen Keith Eliison and Governor Mark Dayton I wouldn’t hold your breath on this one.

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
18- 24 year olds in high school. They would be considered highly educated at the high school level I would think.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What I meant by that is simple. People in High school typically vote the same until about 24 then they start to look at things differently and voting patterns may change.

If there's one thing we know this year is that it's crazy and any type of poll is less useful then in previous years. I just thought it was unique so i posted the high school poll.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so you're saying there is a chance for some lefty liberal karma to come around and bite them in the @SS this year? Very cool
I have no idea how you came up with that thought.

Typically most polls have been showing 18-24 year old's voting democrat which is also pretty typical. However in Minnesota this appears to defy normal "stats" or "thoughts" on how people vote. Therefore if High Schooler's in a large sampling are voting Trump then the mainstream polls might/probably be off and the GOP is doing much better then main stream media is showing.

Nothing more, nothing less.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts