Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Petey.....Thanks for asking.

The shoot will start this Friday at 12:00 noon, we will be shooting 100 Singles and 100 Doubles.

Saturday we will be starting at 10:00 sharp and will be hosting the 12 annual MGC Handicap Championship. The event will consist of two 100 target Handicap events, 18-27 yds. with the top combined score being crowned the winner. There will be $1600.00 in trophy's for the top high gun scores. New for this year we will be offering $1000.00 for running 100 straight in these two events, ties divide. This will be a "growing" bonus until some wins it, the we'll start it over.

Also on Saturday will be offering participant's a FREE Roast Pig dinner, compliments of Neil Winston. We'll start serving about 3:00.

Sunday we will be throwing 100 Singles, 100 Handicap and 50 pair of Doubles. On Sunday it will be shoot your Doubles anytime so you won't have to stay until the end to get that done.

You can see the program at www.minnesotatrap.com and www.mplsgunclub.com

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
A new addition to the shoot this weekend.

100 Straight Products has donated a 4 gauge Compact Set Choke and Barrel Micrometer, valued at $500.00, that will be offered for High Overall Top Gun for the 7 events. www.100Straight.com

Thank you 100 Straight Products

Jimmy Bowen

·
Vendor
19,782 Posts
Petey. Join us on friday. the weather looks perfect for shooting trap and the club grounds are in perfect condition.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Can't wait to get out there! Heard some great things about MGC from some of the best shooters at my home club. Weather looks to be awesome.

·
Registered
22,819 Posts
Can't wait to get out there! Heard some great things about MGC from some of the best shooters at my home club. Weather looks to be awesome.

Just keep your gaze on the near distance. Last fall there were Bald Eagles in the treetops at the top of the rise North.

Don T

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Brownie91, yes, we will have a practice trap open. We will be using 2 banks, 4 traps in each bank. You will be able to practice on one of the empty traps until the squads fill the banks or we will have a field open on the west end.

Weather looks to be very nice, I'm already worrying about the $1000.00 bonus going away. 100 straight will be do able for someone.

Jimmy Bowen

·
Registered
572 Posts
I plan on taking that $1000 or would it be more like spending $1000? Program says shooting starts at 10 am on Saturday. Would it be wise for one to arrive around 9:30 or earlier to get a practice in? Thanks for your info Mr. Bowen!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Brownie91, we can't fire a shell before 10:00 AM so yeah, showing up at 9:30 would be good then we'll put you on a field right away at 10:00 for practice.

Good luck.

Jimmy Bowen

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
How many targets do you shoot at in each 100? Is this a registered shoot? Is Jimmy Bowen shooting at all since he came out as "identifying as black?"

·
L'Étoile du Nord
497 Posts
Friday's results:

image.jpg

Singles AA Champ 100X100
Doubles Class A Champ 94X100
Chris Balster - Rock County Sportsmen's Club

image.jpg

Singles Class A Champ 98X100
Doubles Class B Champ 89X100
David Stearns - Rock County Sportsmen's Club

Reactions: RickN

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Denny, you sumbeach, I've been known to shoot 103 in a 100 target event. Most of the scorers don't know I can't count and if they don't shut off the voice pulls, yeah, I keep shooting. And, its about time you learned "Black is beautiful".

Damn, those buckles are beautiful. Some of the nice trophy's from the Jim White Collection.

10:00 AM Saturday......200 Handicap targets....FREE Roast Pig dinner compliments of Neil Winston...it'll be a good day at MGC.

Jimmy Bowen

·
Vendor
19,782 Posts
Jimmy Bowen and Mark Cameron put on a great shoot today. Super organized, great targets, talented experienced scorers.

Another day tomorrow... come join us at the Minneapolis Gun Club. 10 AM start. 100-100-100

·
Registered
572 Posts
Had a great time at the club! The guys put on a great shoot! My first time shooting at the club and it won't be my last. Even came away with a little money.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Thanks guy's. The shoot has been well attended due in part to the great trophy's, both the buckles and the cash and the $500.00 100 Straight Products Bore Mic for HOA. And.....the possibility of winning the $1000.00 bonus for a 100 straight in either of todays Handicap events. The weather also has been phenomenal so far and looks good for the finish.

The big winner today was Korey Miller of Apple Valley MN. Korey is one of the up and coming High School kids that has a long "career" in front of him if he keeps shooting like this. He posted 190 for the two Handicap's, won a nice cash prize, a custom Tilden Trophy's belt buckle and gets his name on the winners plaque in the MGC clubhouse. He also posted one of the 100 straights in yesterday's Singles event. Nice shooting Korey.

Thanks to everyone who has participated so far and we're looking forward to another busy day tomorrow.

Kitchen will be open for breakfast at 9:00 AM and the shoot starts promptly at 10:00.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

·
Registered
572 Posts
Good luck to everyone in today's events! Looks like another awesome day to be shooting. If I needed the targets, I'd be there again! Can't wait to see the results.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts