Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was in Bozeman and Belgrade MT for a week a short while ago and made an interesting observation. Every fast food place and many stores had help wanted posters up and promises of immediate interviews and hire. Starting wage was $9 an hour.

All of the places were staffed by either high school kids or college kids from MSU. Not one adult except the manager and everyone spoke perfect English. The hotel I stayed in was staffed by young people too, not high school but definitely very early 20s. A roofing crew was there and they were all young males. It was interesting. Life without undocumented immigrants meant 100% employment and higher wages. I'd love to see a study done of this rather than my antidotal observations but it looks as if life without border usurpers means a better quality of life for natives. Honestly though, there may have been undocumented Canadians there but who can tell? Lots of Native Americans working in Bozeman and more than a few East European immigrants but all had mastered English. Were any of them illegal? I couldn't tell.

·
Premium Member
18,225 Posts
How refreshing.

·
Registered
29,264 Posts
That is the big secret about small town living, away from the "culture centers" like NYC, LA, San Fram, Phil, D.C. etc.
Keep it that way. If you move to one of the few sane places left in this country, leave your "that's the way we did it where I come from" at the place you are leaving.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The point I'm making is that starter jobs had starter workers doing them. Teens were learning to work and adults weren't filling entry-level jobs. Now that does not mean Montana has no welfare recipients. It's a Democratic state and welfare abounds; it's just that starter jobs seem to be just that, starter jobs for kids learning to work and starting wages seem higher due to the demand for workers being greater. Beyond that I'm not implying anything, least of all any kind of racist rant.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
You would think minority's in this country would figure out Illegal Immigrants are keeping them from ever getting a pay raise or just taking there jobs.

·
Registered
15,419 Posts
Undocumented workers my ass!
You fall right in with the PC crowd.
They are ILLEGAL ALIENS!

·
Registered
20,602 Posts
You would think minority's in this country would figure out Illegal Immigrants are keeping them from ever getting a pay raise or just taking there jobs.
Richard Pryor had a joke back when they were letting in all the Vietnamese boat people. "They didn't ask us sh!t....we're the ones that gotta give up the jobs for the motherlovers...."

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Undocumented workers my ass!
You fall right in with the PC crowd.
They are ILLEGAL ALIENS!
Just a little Decafe, I said Illegal is Illegal be it Aliens or Immigrants are still Illegal. I am all about the rule of law and Immigration laws should be enforced period. I am not PC if you ever met me you would know this.
I have always said calling a Illegal Immigrant or Allien an Undocumented Citizen is like calling a Drug Dealer a Undocumented Pharmacist. It really is this simple. Take Care.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Good observation! I grew up in North Dakota and used to live in Montana. Your comment regarding young people in entry level/starter jobs
is right on.

·
Registered
15,419 Posts
Just a little Decafe, I said Illegal is Illegal be it Aliens or Immigrants are still Illegal. I am all about the rule of law and Immigration laws should be enforced period. I am not PC if you ever met me you would know this.
I have always said calling a Illegal Immigrant or Allien an Undocumented Citizen is like calling a Drug Dealer a Undocumented Pharmacist. It really is this simple. Take Care.
I was addressing the OP from CALI,
not you 1100 Man.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts