Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Check out the KelTec P3AT in .380. A true pocket pistol with a good bite if needed. I have carried one for years. Never a hiccup or problem. Works first time, every time and really easy for licensed CCW, even in a shirt pocket. Better than its Ruger clone, the LCP, in my opinion.

Jim R

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
one lesson I have learned the hard way is you should carry a big gun.

If it's really small and comfortable you might forget you have it on you.

Of course my mini concealed is a Kershaw ken onion and inside of 7 feet I'm faster than you are!

Just my opinion
Joe

·
Premium Member
10,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm talking about a gun the size that I carry. Beretta tomcat. I have a friend that has limited use of his left hand but is righthanded and the Beretta's the right size but he wanted more options, if any.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I agree with jimrich60. I have a Kel-Tec P3AT in .380. Fits in my back pocket. I really like it. I have shot it @ the range, and groups they way a pistol that size should. I also agree with Vern. I have a NAA in .22LR. Great little gun for the money. They also fit in your eyeglass case, I believe they make the NAA in .22Mag also.

Matt

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Glock make a few really nice small handguns.. and they start with a 4.. but I would not rule out the 357 Sig.. It's a humdinger of a shell.. Just my stupid little brain remembers how a revolver and a 1911 work..

·
Registered
519 Posts
Anyone that thinks a .38 Special is too small has never been shot with one. For a little buddy you will always want to take along, check out a Smith & Wesson Model 60 with 3" barrel and adjustable sights. There are now three in my family.

·
Registered
25,284 Posts
My smallest carry pistol is a Walther PPK-L.<br>
<br>
It's an aluminum frame PPK in .22LR, with a lightened slide. It was made in 1964.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Kimber Ultra .45acp or a Kahr P9 or P45. I don't like the smaller grips of the PM series in the Kahr line. If they fit you, they are a tad smaller for concealed carry.

Both of these choices are winners.

Tim
F242

·
Registered
356 Posts
The Ruger LCP is a great little gun, 380acp, has quite a bit of kick to it, not something you want to shoot a couple boxes through for practice. It weighs 9.4 ounces, The Keltec 380 weighs 8.7 ounces and i have not shot the Keltec, but have been told it has more recoil than the LCP. I also have a Taurus 605, 357 which is the same size as the model 85 for a 38 special, once again the 357 is not something you want to shoot a couple hundred rounds through but will both work just fine with plenty of stopping power. all of the above are pretty easy to conceal

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
Get a gun that is "comforting" not "comfortable".

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
My carry gun is a Glock 27 in 40 caliber. My wife has a Smith & Wesson Air Lite "T" in .32 H & R mag, without exposed hammer, it's so light you can't believe it. Federal Hydra-shok bullets.

Tom Strunk

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.