Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No one & I keen no one should enlist in any branch of our military as long as we still have Obama in the White House.

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
The services are cutting back personnel. They are scrutinizing personnel for promotion potential and performance. If they have not been promoted to a certain rank within X number of years, they are getting the boot (because in the military's eyes, if they are not promotable, then they are dead weight). This has been discussed within the military services news services (e.g. Army Times).

When the Iraq War was in full swing and we were getting bogged down within Iraq, the services, particularly the Army, lowered the standards for enlistment. They needed to make their monthly recruitment numbers. Now we are seeing those monthly recruitment numbers drop and with more cuts coming to the services, they need to re-evaluate their personnel strength.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
My nephew is a new recruiter, says they are being very selective right now.

Facebook pages are checked, that disqualifies a lot of young adults. Watch what you post on public sites !

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Shannon, I think they should freely post whatever they want online. If it reveals their true character, better to find out early than after investing time and money to try and train them.

Wonder what this POS's facebook page looked like:

http://www.armytimes.com/article/20140109/NEWS06/301090010/Missing-Shaw-captain-considered-deserter-OSI-says

·
Registered
776 Posts
My neighbors son join the marines. Past the physical (supposedly) was issued all his clothing. Shortly. After he went in I saw him walking to his house and when I walked over to him to chat I was shocked at what I heard. He said he once he got to basic, they kicked him out because he had ratios below his elbow. (Sound like there should be more to the story to me). I questioned my son ( a career Marine) altho' things have changed, he claims he should have been thrown out before clothing issue and basic or he should consult w/congressman. I brought that up to the kid and he played it off. Just curious!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
ratios

Is this a new way to spell Tattoos?

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I have read where all services have new guide lines on TATs. I agree with Phil, this admin needs to fend for themselves as they have no respect for those who are willing to serve. Jake, USA Ret

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Yes, the Marine Corps has a new regulation. No tattoo's below the elbow or on the neck or anywhere above the collar, None or your out. Old ones, prior to the new regs are grandfathered in. So, they say.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Jon, I put my son through college for welding and metallurgy. With a lack of local jobs, we looked into getting him in the Seabees. Only they had no openings. We checked other possible MOS's in the Navy and other forces. Nothing.

He's now a union ironworker. Doing much better than what he could have gotten from the military, but he wanted to serve.

I dunno who the military is recruiting. Most of the time it looks from their ads they want video gamers to fly drones. His video game background could have qualified him if that's what they wanted, but it doesn't provide the basis for a civilian career afterwards.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
My middle son has an MS in microbiology, and wants to go in as an officer. He was turned down by the Navy (no openings available) and has been waiting for months to hear from the Army.

·
Banned
2,562 Posts
My son has a 4 year degree in biology. He was jerked around by the Air Force and denied officers training school although passing their test in the top 5%.

Off to the side he was told to forget it. He is white...they need black officer candidates.....

Now he is SO glad he did not. Found a great job that pays what would have taken him years to accomplish.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Homeland Security and FEMA have been recruiting young 18-20 and training them
for combat.

There's shift in who is going to defend or attack whom. Just for kicks google prison train and check out halliburton. Who do you think FEMA plans to put in them??? The military is flushing all the old guard from top to bottom they want young impressionable recruits who will do (anything they're told, anything)

What's up with our National Guard, thought they were our homeland defense, Why does Homeland Security and FEMA need to be armend to the teeth???? Do you see the picture, didn't think so....................

Surfer

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
P.S. google U.S. concentration camps. Then google What's FEMA preparing for. Now ask yourself why is FEMA armed and why do they have concentration camps at all and why so many scattered all over the country. Get it now, no oh! gee we're in for it................

Surfer

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
My son finally heard from the Army. They ran out of slots before they got to him. Now they say he will be considered in the next Board in October.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts