Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gander had shells on sale so I thought I would buy couple flats.
Free shipping over $99. Good to go......
That was Sunday. Today still no shells so I contact them.
Come to find out they want $189 shipping because I ordered a quantity.
Said they had to send them freight because of weight instead of UPS.
Hmmmm ever think about putting in them in 2 boxes?
The scariest thing is that we let these people vote!

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
I bought two flats also, delivered at the same time by FedEx.

How many did you order that the freight would be $189? Seems like they would be happier selling more, rather than fewer, but if you order a pallet...

·
Premium Member
3,145 Posts
I told a couple of my buddies about the deal.
Talked to the one today, he said they tried to charge him shipping too... :02:
He sweet talked the lady into the free shipping but he only was able to get 4 flats that way.
He got them yesterday. :13:

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
The shipping is either free or it's not and it seems like they'd be even MORE willing to provide free shipping if you're ordering hundreds of dollars worth of product than just enough to qualify for the free shipping.

I'm not sure how a business trying to reneg on an offer of free shipping translates into a 'millenial' issue, however.

But then, I'm a Boomer.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
At Academy, if you order over $25 worth of ammo it is free. However, if you order a sh!t ton, shipping is not free. You can split your orders if you need to get around this.
It would be instructive to know the threshold...
At Gander Outdoors, too!

"Hello, Gander Outdoors, how may I help you?"
"Yeah, I want to order some Remington Gun Club shells - #8 shot."
"Yes, sir - those are in stock and $4.99 a box - how many would you like?"
"I'd like to make 15 orders of 40 boxes each, please."
"uh......"

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I think they are going down hill for a while . I had ordered Ammo ( 1000 rounds shotgun ) and some other stuff . All together for about $ 400.00 . Got 3 cases in 2 seperat shipmends and than 5 more spread out over 7 or 8 days . The last 250 shells came in 3 smaller boxes with plenty bubble rap in it

·
Registered
76 Posts
You realize that there’s not some kid behind a computer reviewing every order and figuring out how to ship it, right? The computer calculates all the weights and figures this stuff out. Sometimes it’s wrong and that’s what customer service is for.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I usually order 15 cases when they go on sale, they sometimes ship them Fed Ex, sometimes by truck, I have never paid for shipping.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts