Trapshooters Forum banner

Migration Has Started

5861 Views 64 Replies 27 Participants Last post by  The Canuck
Been seeing flocks of sandhill cranes passing through all week and lakes and large sloughs are filled with migrating Pelicans this past week or so. This past weekend we've had some cold NW winds and lots of much needed rain and the dugout in the park behind my house which for the first time I can recall had no geese on it all summer is loaded with big honkers today.....one more week to go from this coming Wednesday and it will be time to put the trap guns away and pick up the SX3 and start busting feathers.....:)
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

Registered
Been seeing flocks of sandhill cranes passing through all week and lakes and large sloughs are filled with migrating Pelicans this past week or so. This past weekend we've had some cold NW winds and lots of much needed rain and the dugout in the park behind my house which for the first time I can recall had no geese on it all summer is loaded with big honkers today.....one more week to go from this coming Wednesday and it will be time to put the trap guns away and pick up the SX3 and start busting feathers.....:)
Where are you seeing the birds 馃Β?

Registered
Yesterday I noticed a flock of honkers landing in a field. This morning I just glanced at the thermometer, 42 degrees. Fall is pounding on the door.

Reactions: The Canuck

Registered
1.5 - 2 in. of rain in SW Mn this morning, talking another 3 plus by end of week (we shall see), could be a lifesaver for our small potholes that were bone dry, have seen alot of Blue Wing Teal moving thru the area this last couple weeks, it's getting close....

Reactions: RickN

Registered
You all keep that cold weather up there with you, I may get hot and sweat a lot but at least I can move.
When cold weather comes in my area my old bones sure don鈥檛 like it.
I am the exact opposite. You can always put more clothes on, but you can't get more naked than naked.

Registered
Perazzi TMS/Browning Recoilless
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I sure would like to see some signs of fall here in Florida.
Farmers are going full bore here now with the harvest. Canola is being swathed, lentils & peas are combined, haying is almost done, some already have barley combined and the straw bailed and standing crops are already desacated...very early this year.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.