Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a great customer service experience with Midwest Gun Works in Pevely, Mo that needs sharing.
On Memorial Day, I was shooting practice rounds with my 1 year old BT 99 in preparation for this week's U S Open. Having coached our youth team for the past 12 weeks, I have not had the practice opportunities I would like. During the second round, I noticed something seemed strange with my gun. Birds that I swore I was dead on were missed. The Garmin Xero confirmed that I was indeed behind, especially the angled birds.
At the conclusion of the second practice round the trigger felt especially spongy. When I chambered the next shell and called for the bird I heard a small click before the trigger engaged. This was similar to the sound of a release trigger being set. ( My gun is a pull trigger.) After this there was a delay between the time the clicking sound was heard and when the gun actually fired. At this point I figured I was pretty much screwed and there goes my chance of shooting the Open.
First thing Tuesday morning I drove the 90 minutes to Midwest Gun Works in Pevely, MO. I have never had any personal dealings with them but a friend of mine has had great luck with them. I knew from my past experience with Browning in Arnold, MO I would not be taking my gun there. When I walked into the store, I was immediately greeted by Jimmy and Terry. Both looked at my gun and exclaimed " that's a new gun. You shouldn't be having any issues with it." I proceeded to show them the problem and Terry assured me it would be an easy fix as they have all the parts in stock.
I told him I was disappointed that it broke when it did as I wanted to shoot the Open this week. He asked me when I needed it and I said I was shooting Thursday. He then told me that it was no problem and he would work me in and finish the gun that day! I was amazed!
This morning just before 8am, Jimmy called and said they had me ready to go. I made the drive and when I arrived they showed me the cause of the problem. The hammer was badly galled and apparently had been machined and installed that way. According to them it never should have been installed in my gun. By the way, Browning did cover this under warranty.
In these times when it seems no one wants to work and quality is thrown out the window, these guys went the extra mile. I appreciate the efforts by everyone at Midwest to remedy my problem and actually finish the work when promised. I will be a customer of theirs from here on out.

· Registered
1,830 Posts
Did they offer to pay for your fuel both ways and for your inconveniece and for the round of targets you couldn't finish with a piece of crap hammer that should have never left the factory in there gun? Just wondering, seems like sending a gun out to a customer in that shape means the factory doesn't give a crap about their product. So much for quality, I guess this is why it takes so long to have factory repairs done on Browning. If the factory doesn't know the difference from faulty parts versus a quality part and installs them then anyway maybe Browning customers should be looking at TriStars.

PD

· Registered
13,510 Posts
In these times when it seems no one wants to work and quality is thrown out the window, these guys went the extra mile.
Its always nice to hear good things about some of our shooting retail stores. It reminds me of they way things used to be in the good ole days. sigh.

Lets us forget the negative vibes. I mean some people would be pissed off, if you were to Hang Them with a Brand New Rope!!! break em all Jeff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.