Trapshooters Forum banner

Midcaps at night under the lights ?

1547 Views 15 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  Troutbum60
I know some dislike shooting at night, doesn't seem to affect my game, I often can shoot alone. I was think of some 22 year practice under the lights. thoughts/ experience? thank you
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
2,986 Posts
Sure why not? Wear some glasses with VERY light yellow/green tint to filter out the little bit of glare from the lights behind you. Some people or clubs will throw green targets at night. They really pop. If ya want to take it up one more notch, try handicap doubles at night.

· Registered
7,463 Posts
Our long gone local club had lights until the nearby airport bitched about them. I always enjoyed shooting under the lights. Only other time was at also long gone Red Mountain at Scottsdale with white targets. Loved that.

· Registered
138 Posts
We have game nights every Thursday. Lights with white targets. I really enjoy it. Most of the time we shoot from at least 30 yards from the trap, we also shoot from the side, in front of, on top of and from other places. Always fun.

· Premium Member
6,035 Posts
Wait till you are an old fart like some of us. Developing cataracts make dusk and night shooting a real challenge.

Reactions: charleyj10

· Keystone Shooter
2,681 Posts
We recently installed hi intensity LED stadium lights at our small one trap range. It brightens up the entire range. You could easily shoot caps at night there. We use all orange AA White Flyer pitch birds. The lights are so bright you can actually see the small pieces of broken birds hitting the ground in the fall zone.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.