Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 31.5/34 combo with a prosoft
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have done some searching and background on here looking at a new recoil pad. With the microcore on my a400 multitarget being soft and my kickeez wearing out, I decided to buy a microcell from Hastings for my Perazzi based on the forum.

The pad I received seems much more firm than the microcore and my old kickeez. I’m going to shoot it a bit before I grind it, but I’m considering sending it back.

Is the microcore from beretta actually the same as microcell as I read on here? Was that a myth? Did I just get a poor one-off?

·
Registered
14,800 Posts
Cavatelli makes OEM pads for a number of makers.

I believe they are making the current generation Perazzi pad, and my guess is they make the Microcore for Beretta as well (I also have a suspicion they are making the "Inflex" pads for the current 725 as well).

However there is nothing that guarantees any of them are identical to one another, since each mfg can set their own specifications.

·
Premium Member
6,666 Posts
I have done some searching and background on here looking at a new recoil pad. With the microcore on my a400 multitarget being soft and my kickeez wearing out, I decided to buy a microcell from Hastings based on the forum.

The pad I received seems much more firm than the microcore and my old kickeez. I’m going to shoot it a bit before I grind it, but I’m considering sending it back.

Is the microcore from beretta actually the same as microcell as I read on here? Was that a myth? Did I just get a poor one-off?
I am surprised at your findings with the "microcell".

I was just getting ready to order a couple.

If I remember correctly "WadHopper" just raved about the superiority of them. I believe "Tron" made positive comments too.

·
What squad am I on?
TriStar TT-15 Combo
8,429 Posts
I am surprised at your findings with the "microcell".

I was just getting ready to order a couple.

If I remember correctly "WadHopper" just raved about the superiority of them. I believe "Tron" made positive comments too.
Remember, it's only an opinion. Some people like Kickeeze and I think they're overpriced and rock hard.

I've never heard of a Micro "core" and also was under the impression that Microcell were factory pads on Paparazzi and Burritas.

And for $28 get one. You'll like it - if not I'll buy it from you.

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Remember, it's only an opinion. Some people like Kickeeze and I think they're overpriced and rock hard.

I've never heard of a Micro "core" and also was under the impression that Microcell were factory pads on Paparazzi and Burritas.

Microcore is the one from beretta. They market it as their own with their logo on it. cervallati makes all of them supposedly. I guess I expected it to be the same.

Beretta MicroCore SPORTING & SKEET Recoil Pad

In fairness, it’s the 0.91” version to the just over an inch kickeez. Also the kickeez was installed by Wenig 14 years ago, so it’s starting to break down.

I will shoot it some and see how it feels
But I’m worried. I’ll hit you up Wad if I don’t like it?

·
What squad am I on?
TriStar TT-15 Combo
8,429 Posts
Microcore is the one from beretta. They market it as their own with their logo on it. cervallati makes all of them supposedly. I guess I expected it to be the same.

Beretta MicroCore SPORTING & SKEET Recoil Pad

In fairness, it’s the 0.91” version to the just over an inch kickeez. Also the kickeez was installed by Wenig 14 years ago, so it’s starting to break down.

I will shoot it some and see how it feels
But I’m worried. I’ll hit you up Wad if I don’t like it?
From the link they are not the same. Willing to bet the MicroCore is heavier as well. Just a guess by looking at them.
I'll give you what you paid if it's not fitted to anything.

·
Premium Member
6,666 Posts

Done deal.

I'll post my opinion after period of usage.

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
From the link they are not the same. Willing to bet the MicroCore is heavier as well. Just a guess by looking at them.
I'll give you what you paid if it's not fitted to anything.
Update: I shot 100 rounds of 3 Dr top guns. The pad performed much better than anticipated. Shoulder felt good and still feels good after. The kickeez was making my shoulder sore with 2 3/4dr estates last weekend. Granted, I was shooting in a t shirt today, but it didn’t bother me.

All hail Wodhopper, for he is wise and mighty.

·
What squad am I on?
TriStar TT-15 Combo
8,429 Posts
All hail Wodhopper, for he is wise and mighty.
On July 31st 2018 I sent Tron a PM in regards to recoil reduction options for my Alfermann.
That PM led to his recommendation of a Microcell.
@Tron knows his stuff. He may be a troll but he’s got it together and deserves the credit for bringing Microcell to the forefront of our forum.
And my offer stands, anybody that gets a microcell pad and doesn’t like it, I’ll give you what you paid as long as you didn’t already fit it to your stock.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I received mine today (.59) Feels soft for a thin pad.I shaped it with a belt sander and rounded the edges like the Fabarm thin pad I have on my gun now.The Microcell pad is much softer than the thin Fabarm pad.Pad is very easy to grind also.I will be shooting Saturday/Sunday to test it out.I have to use thin pads to keep my LOP at 14 1/4 where I like it.The Previous owner cut lots of down pitch in stock,so I had to add a thick pitch spacer,also a pad adjuster.I can not shorten stock any farther.I shoot a Browning XT combo and recoil is fairly mild,but we are always looking for a little less recoil.
Joe

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
On July 31st 2018 I sent Tron a PM in regards to recoil reduction options for my Alfermann.
That PM led to his recommendation of a Microcell.
@Tron knows his stuff. He may be a troll but he’s got it together and deserves the credit for bringing Microcell to the forefront of our forum.
And my offer stands, anybody that gets a microcell pad and doesn’t like it, I’ll give you what you paid as long as you didn’t already fit it to your stock.
All hail Tr...
Nope. I can’t do it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts