Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been working on getting our web page back in order-All State Team & Hall of Fame are up to date.I'll have all of Michigans Club shoot dates on by end of day- rest will take some time,please be patient. Thanks Jim C

·
Registered
14,697 Posts
I look forward to the new blood in the MTA. Your grounds/shoots are awesome.
A little TLC and you'll be there.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Jim, finally dig yourself out so you can go back to work?
Looking forward to better times at the MTA

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Why does the MTA have requirements listed for all of the categories but don't have teams announced for all categories?

We have shooters that were on category teams last year but are not this year. There is probably a good explanation, just wondering what it is.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Probably the case but if it is true, the criteria needs to be spelled out ahead of time and not decided after the fact.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Don, I said there is most likley a good reason, just wondering what it is.

I am thinking that there might not be enough qualified entrants(not enough targets) in each catagory to warrant having teams for each.

·
Registered
7,357 Posts
Jim C. I don't understand when you say you are having a hard time getting enough for the teams that you have. You only had 4 listed for Vet. and 5 for Sr. Vet. I know several who would have qualified on a number of targets and any other requirements, self included. Another question if a shooter doesn't make it in category why can't he or she go on the regular team if there average is better than those on it.

9.3 I apologize.

Don

·
Registered
98 Posts
BigDon,

Great question! Last year I sent this to one of the high-ranking Michigan officials:

Good morning...A few months back I happened upon the Michigan All-State Team listing, and saw dad was on the team. I shared the information with him, and he was tickled.

I looked at the Michigan All-State Team and now, it appears, he has been removed...? This is the second year in a row that this has happened, and I don't want my 79 year old best friend disappointed again. Tell you what, I see that the Senior Veteran team was cut down to five (5) people, and that's fine. What I would like to request is, that dad can "fall back" to the Men's 2nd team. He has met the target requirements, and his average is better than the last guy that made it. This is the way the ATA handles trophies, and placements, and I would hope that you would be in agreement, that although my dad is 79 years old, and a Senior Veteran for nine (9) years, he is still a Man. And therefore, should be on the All-State Men's 2nd team as such.

Please let me know your thoughts. I appreciate your attention in this matter.

peace.

Carl

-------------------

Jim Creighton (and all Michigan Board of Directors),

If you are having a hard time "filling the teams", perhaps you are putting too many people on it...? I know this is a, "everyone gets a ribbon, everyone is a winner" environment that we live in, but let's get real. In my life, I've made twenty-six (26) All-State Teams, sixteen (16) in Ohio, and ten (10) in Michigan...all top tens (back when I lived in Michigan, ten (10) people made the Michigan Men's Team. (Since I've left, they expanded it to twenty (20).) I think the board should look at the huge number of folks that are being put on the team, and make appropriate adjustments. To make the team simply because you've shot enough targets...regardless of the skill level...Well, let me put it this way, when you water something down too much, be it a scotch, or a State Team, it loses its flavor.

Ohio has maintained a ten (10) member Men's All-State Team, and believe me, every time I was fortunate enough to make it, I felt like it was truly an honor.

peace.

Carl

PS - I'm a Michigan resident again...so I do kind-of have a dog in this fight.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I agree with you 100% Carl. I have always felt that being on the State Team was supposed to mean you shot well, that's what brought the honor to it. I was remitted from the team last year penalized by the fact that I am now a Sub Veteran. My average was not high enough to earn a spot among the five that made the sub vet division but yet was way higher than anyone on the second men's ( If memory serves me right I would have made the men's first team) team. So after all these years of devoting time and money to the sport I love, I am now chastised for sticking it out in this sport. I can empathize with how your Dad must have felt. Hugo

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have no idea what ( if any) guidelings the MTA has as far as how many on each team & if (for example)not on the top 5 of sr.vet can you be put on second team- or where ever, I will find out. The last few years there were several areas that were not correct (to many mistakes-program & such) we are working hard to get it right this time & in the future.I'am glad to here all your questions & lets work together to help the MTA as much as we can. Moe congrates on first team I think I'am one up on you lol. Jim

1 - 20 of 56 Posts