Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is this now, he 4th straight race he's failed to qualify for? HIS sponsors can't be any too happy about now.

This Car Of Tomorrow business ought'a be interesting Sunday. cls

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dodge Avenger CoT...

I sure hope they have those front "splitter" adjusters safety wired well. If not they'll end flying into the crowd at some point. cls

·
Registered
253 Posts
Chuck,

I believe the front splitter is a molded part of the nosepiece, and they can only adjust the angle with the turnbuckles at the front edge.

Dan

P.S.

Mikey has always sucked as a driver and now everybody knows it.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
the cars and racing are so boring in Nascar, who cares.....yeh, I know, it's Bristol..supposed to be one of the fun races...it might be if there were 20 cars.....43 cars on that track just looks constipated!!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dan, I heard that the splitter can be made from any of 3 different materials. And plywood is one of them. It's the turnbuckle adjusters as projectiles that I'm talking about. See you at the Team Shoot. Chuck

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
I thought USAC had cornered the market on ugly with its new Silver Crown cars but this "Car of Tomorrow" just might have them beat. That splitter and the rear spoiler look like they were stolen from one of those "zoom-zoom" cars with a Maxwell House muffler that we see running around these days.

Ed

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Get rid of the restrictor plates at the superspeedways. Get those bad boys up to 220 again and it won't be boring. Too f'n dangerous but not boring.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
why should it surprise any one that micheal waltrip has not qualified.he is a steering wheel holder not a race car driver.i doubt jarrett does much better when his provisonals are done.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I was in NAPA the other day and the smart-alek counter guy said I could get a Michael Waltrip 55 NAPA Racing cap for a $1.00 and trade in my old cap. I told him I would take one if he would give me a dollar. After the store manager rung up my parts he threw in Mikey's racing hat for free. He said they were having trouble giving them away!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.