Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Vendor
19,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got JS/obfuscated virus while urfing gun threads. Caution

I do not surf with this cmputer. AVG has it in virus vault, but I get a new warning as I click thru threads.

I downoaded NOrton Suite ona 30 day free trial and today I uninstalled that and installed "MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIALS". Obviously fro Microsoft. It as quick and easy.

Microsoft Security Essentails is a frree program like AVG ro Avast or Avair

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Although I'm using Mac, but thank you for the warning to our fellow shooters.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Nothing from my windows machine running free AVG. I don't see how you could get a virus on a forum like ts.com unless you clicked on a link. The other forums and sites that run all kinds of crap in the background yes.

·
Premium Member
2,001 Posts
I have received the virus warning message 4 times today. That just happens to be how many times I've come into this site.

Each time I received it I moved the virus into the virus vault. I just went into the virus vault and looked at the virus and it is a banner advertisement on the home page of trapshooters.com that is infected with a virus.

Kevin

·
Registered
752 Posts
I hate MACs since the cost twice what any other computer costs just like their IPhone. People who claim MACs are immune from viruses are wrong.

·
Strong Supporter of Trapshooting
4,727 Posts
Jack: How many times have I told you, NOT to be "urfing" on this site?

I've been surfing here and nothing has shown up on my system yet. any idea which thread it was that nailed you?

Whiz ;-)

·
Premium Member
2,001 Posts
Whiz,

Read my post - it's a banner ad on the home page of trapshooters.com that is infected

Bucko43

·
Registered
463 Posts
Shelly, while it's true that Macs, which i own, are not immune to viruses, they tend to, due to their low market share in the industry, be less targeted. This may change as they increase their share and the creators of the viruses find easier ways to get to us. So far, knock on wood, i have never received a warning and my Mac has been operating as smoothly as the day it first booted up.

It just quietly goes about doing what it is supposed to do.

Like most Mac users, i'll never go back.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.