Trapshooters Forum banner

memorial plaque

1148 Views 6 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Perazzi_MX8
My gun club wants to buy a metal (bronze or aluminum) memorial plaque to honor a long time, very well-respected shooter who has recently passed.

Do any of you have any advice or vendor recommendations?

I’ve already done the google search thing, for a vendor so what I’m looking for here is a reccomendaion from anyone who has actual experience with this sort of thing.

Thanks!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
238 Posts
I had a bronze plaque created for Leo’s headstone. It has a bas-relief image of him along with wording. His image is 3-D from the waist up holding his gun over his shoulder. If you plan on placing your plaque outside be sure to periodically wax it with car wax.
Karla Harrison
Renaissance Wax. Microcrystalline Wax - Premium Multi Surface Polish Paste Wax Metal Polish, Jewelry Polish, Wood Polish. Much more durable than car wax. Google it for more complete description and sources. It’s readily available.

· Registered
6,393 Posts
I have seen many at various clubs around the country. Flashmax gave you a good place to start but I’d suggest to include a picture like 8x10 of the shooter maybe at the club or of him shooting to accompany it. A picture causes people to have a personal connection as well as a plaque to read. Post a photo of the memorial you choose when it comes in. I’m sorry for you and your clubs loss. I think it’s great what your doing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.