Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some information. Has any one used the BP super crown crimp starter on there Mec reloader all the time. any kind of feedback will be appreciated

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I have one that I use on my Mec 600 jr when loading game loads. They work great when loading new, skived, un crimped hulls. Factory looking crimps

John

·
Registered
13,782 Posts
The BP starter is meant to be used on hulls that have NEVER been crimped before. It is a crimp CREATOR, not a crimp STARTER.

I suppose if you took your time and aligned the folds on the hull correctly it would turn out OK (probably no better than the spindex starter), but they DO NOT auto-align, so unless you align ever hull by hand, they will absolutely mangle 95% of the hulls you load.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use the super crown on all new, never before crimped hulls. For once fired and beyond I use the MEC smooth cone crimp starter. It will start either 6 or 8 fold crimps so you don't have to sort the hulls by crimp.
The super crown starter makes new hulls look like factory crimps!

Gary

·
Registered
622 Posts
I have one on a Sizemaster I use for hunting loads. It works for new, never crimped hulls. After hulls are crimped I use a regular crimper.

A smart investment if you are loading new hulls.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts