Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mec/Reloading Experts,

I have a 9000H hydraulic reloader. It appears to bind on the up stroke, if I tap the peddle it will free itself. I have ran it without any shells on the touret and it operates smoothly. Any information and or direction is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance Bob Collins

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Make sure the collect is clean and greased. It has to release on the way back up. If the collect in not greased, it sticks.

Ajax

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
And when you do lube the collet, make sure you lube the outside of the fingers, not the inside. The manual says the inside is to stay dry and clean.

·
Registered
219 Posts
My press did the same thing I called mec they told me to tear the resize apart and put copper anti seize on the back of the collet where it comes in contact with the body of the press. It fixed the problem.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all who replied. I will clean and lube the outside of the collect and I hope the problem will go away. The reason I didn't call Mec is that there are folks on here TS.com that have 30-40 years experience with reloading and I truely respect their opnions.

Thanks again, Bob Collins

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Remove, inspect and clean the collet. Make sure it is not bent or broken. Lube it up and reinstall it. Mec recommends an anti-seize lubricant. I used a high pressure marine grease once and it seemed to stay on better. Can't tell you what brand it was, since the tube was worn so the writing wore off. It might have been made for OMC outboards.

Shot pellets have a tendency to get stuck in between and the fingers can bend or break. The adjustment is also important. Check the sized hulls to be sure. The specs are in the manual.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts