Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone could provide some insight about sending a reloader to MEC for an overhaul. I have a 28 ga. Grabber that is getting a little bit problematic. I realize I can call MEC - but just wondering if anyone here has gone thru the process of sending the reloader to them. Charge of overhaul and shipping back to you ?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I had them overhaul an heavily used 9000g a couple of years ago. $185 including shipping back to me in a new box. The tech called me a day or so before shipping and wanted to know what brand hulls I used mostly! He set it up for those and loaded 50 rounds on it and called me back again to tell me it shipped! I am totally satisfied with their service.

·
Registered
13,589 Posts
For the cost of having one rebuilt, you'd be better off selling your old one on ebay and buying a brand new one.

Figure probably $60-$70 both ways just for shipping, plus parts @ full retail cost, plus hourly rate.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had them rebuild my 9000E and I am totally satisfied with the price, service and quality of the job.

·
Registered
10,524 Posts
While I have never sent a Mec loader in for a rebuild. I've been on this site for 15 years. In that time, I have never heard of a shooter who was not totally satisfied with what Mec did and the price they were charged for there work. Its kind of hard to beat that with service with any company.

Of course Skeet_man has a good point. Figuring $230 bucks for a rebuild with shipas its drawbacks. But if you've owned the loader its whole life and taken good care of it? It may be worth the rebuild. Good Luck to Ya. break em all jeff

·
Registered
10,524 Posts
While I have never sent a Mec loader in for a rebuild. I've been on this site for 15 years. In that time, I have never heard of a shooter who was not totally satisfied with what Mec did and the price they were charged for there work. Its kind of hard to beat that with service with any company.

Of course Skeet_man has a good point. Figuring $230 bucks for a rebuild with shipping drawbacks. But if you've owned the loader its whole life and taken good care of it? It may be worth the rebuild. Good Luck to Ya. break em all jeff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts