Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has come up before...just can't find it....
I have the old-style primer tray on my 9000. Lately, every 10-15 rounds, the arm that pulls the primer down will stick at the bottom of the stroke, then snap back hard ounce I've lifted the handle. What's the fix? (other than buying the new style tray, which I had and didn't like).

Thanks!
Trail

· Registered
465 Posts
It sounds like you have a buildup of crud underneath the arm. You can clean it out by spraying some WD-40 underneath of it and work it back-and-forth until it is freed and working smoothly. Also check the spring that controls the arm and maybe replace it. I I have never been a big fan of those primer trays and I replaced all of mine with the new 200 version. Although once they are properly adjusted they seem to work just fine .

· Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I took it apart, cleaned it, even took dental floss and cleaned around that hinge. Still sticks every so often. I did not clean up under the arm with WD40...I'll try that and report back. Always been a little afraid of WD 40 around primers, but if I wipe it down well and let it sit over night, I'm sure it'll be alright.

Thanks again.

· Registered
2,246 Posts
I took it apart, cleaned it, even took dental floss and cleaned around that hinge. Still sticks every so often. I did not clean up under the arm with WD40...I'll try that and report back. Always been a little afraid of WD 40 around primers, but if I wipe it down well and let it sit over night, I'm sure it'll be alright.

Thanks again.
Make sure the arm is pulling down straight and is not pulling away from the bottom of the tray. Worn out pivot at the pin maybe? Gud Luk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.