Trapshooters Forum banner

Mec Electric or Hydraulic

4K views 33 replies 23 participants last post by  Tmx199 
#1 ·
Getting old so pulling the handle hurts too much.......anyone with recommendations? Thanks.

#6 ·
If you are upgrading your current 9000 to Hyd or Electric than the Hyd option will be turnkey with the conversion kit from MEC. If you choose the conversion kit for electric that to will be turnkey but if you want the foot feature you will have to outsource that and install it yourself (think modification).

I have the Automate and also the foot modification kit but haven't installed it yet.

#9 ·
MEC website offers the complete parts for hydraulic but it is very pricy.The pump alone is $1089.00 and you still need the cylinder, linkage, oil lines, support braces. Etc.

Reactions: idustem and mg1polo
#11 ·
D’oh, that’s right, base units is not the same between manual and hydraulic. Better off to buy complete hydraulic 9000.

Reactions: mg1polo
#12 · (Edited)
Here's a cycle time example for the 9000E. This was the day I unboxed it and set it up. I've gotten much smoother and switched to STS/Nitro hulls for everything since. I've loaded over 12K in just over a year with no issues, mechanically, I on the other hand have screwed it up a few times but the machine itself has been flawless. I also like the fact that it won't cycle until my hands are out of the way. Many have told me to get the mokemate pedal but I'm perfectly happy using the buttons. I added a piece of peel and stick foam to the chute and it's made it MUCH more quiet. I value the peace in my shop. Actually, when I get into a groove it's music to my ears...

#13 ·
I actually like the fact that you need to use both hands to cycle the automate. I like the idea that you can't put your fingers in the moving machine.

Also, I can stop my automate mid downstroke by letting go of the buttons and return to the top without completing the downstroke by pushing the right button only. It's right in the instructions printed on the side of the automate

#17 ·
cheaper alternative might be to modify the MEC handle which has been covered here in the past on other threads. Putting a two hand hold allows a person to stand 4 square to the machine and not torquing your upper torso, shoulders and arms to work the handle one handed. Look at the very bottom of this picture and you will see the handle Of my MEC. Perhaps others who have done the same will post theirs again.

#23 · (Edited)
There are YouTube videos of working both the hydraulic and electric versions, and while the hydraulic is faster, does not seem all that much. I think the key to making quality reloads almost equal to factory is a steady operation of the press down and back up with a slight hesitation on the down stroke to ensure complete powder and shot drop. Some people have posted they use a short stick or metal bar to operate both buttons of the Automate with one hand, but that does circumvent the safety feature of keeping both hands clear of the machine.

ps. there is also videos operating the Lee Load All for those interested.

(sorry I could not help myself.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.