Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I need to find the name of a dry type lube for the MEC sizing collet. I know it has been posted before but, like a dope, I never wrote it down. I'm trying to get away from Never-Seize and the alike lubricants! Can anyone out there help me?

Good luck to all that are at the Grand and thanks for the help.

Bob M.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Frankly, tools like sliding collets don't take well to dry lubricants.

I use Sta-Lube Synthetic Disc Brake Grease.

If you want something without color, try Tri-Flow grease.

The closest thing to a dry lube I know of that might be anywhere suitable is a product called Moly-Slide from NECO... 60% molybdenum disulfide in a proprietary grease carrier, no graphite. But at $8/oz. I'll use cheaper alternatives.

MK

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Before I started with the Sta-Lube, I devised a pretty good grease by lubing a cleaned collet with Copaslip copper-base anti-seize, operating it a few times and them lubing over the anti-seize with Tri-Flow so the two mixed in use. It worked really well until my Tri-Flow supplier stopped carrying the stuff.

MK

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
I used Hornady Gun cleaner and dri lube. I sprayed it down every time I reloaded and it never failed me. I would load 8-10 boxes each time I loaded. I know it cleans and lubes for that long. I think keeping the dirt and grit flushed out is probably as important as the lube quality. Your results might vary, good Luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.