Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!! Does anyone have suggestions how to rig up a repair for a broken spring lock on a Mec Grabber?? This is the light wire spring that provides pressure on the charge bar lock. The part is #11 on the parts list. Trying to finnish loading for the weekend.....

Many Thanks, Ron

·
Registered
20,196 Posts
IF. You don't have any mishaps loading shells then the only thing that spring does is sit there holding the lock in tension. Unless you are starting a new lot of shells without the carrier full or ending a run to empty the carrier you really don't need the lock spring. If you need the bar to lock you can apply slight upward pressure with your finger or thumb on the lock end while stroking the handle until the bar locks and then re apply pressure to keep it from unlocking as appropriate during the loading cycle. Otherwise use a length of STIFF wire ( like the 0.015 inch Piano Wire above ) and fabricate a temporary fix.

Don T

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just wanted to say thanks to j2jake..Took a spring off an extra machine and is being picked up as we speak..Back to the loading bench

Thanks again for all replys

Ron

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Here's what I do when I need parts. I go to our local Fastenall Store. Over the years they have had parts that fit my MEC's, recoil devices, ball bearings etc. If they have them I buy a number of them and keep them in my tool box in the back of my van and give them away to other shooters.

Fastenall Stores has an amazing inventory of odd (to us)stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts