Trapshooters Forum banner

Mec Charge bar leaking power

1594 Views 8 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Anton H
My charge bar ( on my Mec 9000) is leaking a few flakes upon cycling. My brass washer was stuck mid span and not under rubber gasket.
the tits were sticking upward. I can take an awl and slide brass washers completely out from charge bar. The tolerance is too big where the bar sits. Anyone experience this ?
Do charge bars wear down ? Do I have something jammed in there ?
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
466 Posts
I have experienced the same problems in the past when using small flaked powders such as Titewad. I tried using the brass washer without much success. It’s still seem to migrate and block powder flow. I discovered that if I was to take double back tape and tape two together and also to the rubber grommet it stop the problem. The best solution is to purchase the red plastic powder baffle which is spring loaded . Do not use the black grommet with the baffle nor the brass washer . This will stop your problem .

· Premium Member
13,764 Posts
I have experienced the same problems in the past when using small flaked powders such as Titewad. I tried using the brass washer without much success. It’s still seem to migrate and block powder flow. I discovered that if I was to take double back tape and tape two together and also to the rubber grommet it stop the problem. The best solution is to purchase the red plastic powder baffle which is spring loaded . Do not use the black grommet with the baffle nor the brass washer . This will stop your problem .
It will. Good luck on finding one, however.

· Registered
393 Posts
I have never needed the brass washer for anything but the finest of ball powders.
You should be able to contain the powder with just a rubber grommet. Make sure you have a fresh one and that it sits just slightly above the bottom of the measure assembly when installed. A properly sized grommet should seal between the bar and the bottle. I have seen brand new grommets that were too thin to function properly.

· Registered
306 Posts
And if you call MEC they have oversize rubber grommets too! Not a catalog item, but the techs know the numbers.

I was having powder leaking (300MP) and after trying LOTS of things they said try that fatter grommet. It adds some downward pressure and I think that has all but stopped the powder leaking from UNDER the bar as well as the top.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.