Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a mec bottle with black collars around the top and bottom, and a baffle built in. It seems heavier than the standard bottle, and I'd like more.. Anyone know of whence they came?

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
Do they say Mec on the bottle?

More than likely it isn't a Mec bottle.

I had a couple of them till they wore out and I could never find anymore of them.

Hauxfan!

·
Registered
824 Posts
I had some bottles like that. The ones I had are no longer available. I don't recall the brand now. I gave them to another shooter as they would not fit in the Mec bottle support.

·
Banned
3,913 Posts
The were a 3rd party deal, Trico maybe. At least 35 years old, maybe older. I wish I had bought some when I could.

How do they work? Are powder drops more uniform?

·
Registered
995 Posts
I have a few that I use they are great.They throw within a 1/10 of a grain every time. I believe they were made or had the name Precision Products on them. I think someone said they came out of CA.

Terry.

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
t Jordan, you are right. Mine also said Precision Products on them.

A few years back, there were a bunch of us on TS.com who tried to find a place to purchase them.

With Google and all, we came up empty so we came to the conclusion that they were not being made anymore. To bad, as they were a great bottle. I know I used mine for at least 20 years or so.

Oh well I guess things just move on.

Hauxfan!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yes, they were made by Precision and they have a circular target logo on the side. I use one and it works great; wish I could find more.

John

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yes yes I had a couple years ago and let them go when I stopped RELOADING , sure wish I had them again now .If anyone knows of a place to get them please let us all know please ..
Thank you
JDHOG

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
they were made out of California way back. Trico was the name of the company .I still have a copy of there ad from a magazine . I found a company in California and same city with same name . I talked to somebody and they said they didn't have the mold for the bottles as they bought the company from the pervious owner. they used to sell wads also I try to find add and see if I can scan and put it on a thread. the only place I see them is on E-bay . somebody who does plastic molding I lend one of my bottles for a template it would be nice to have that Item back in production. Larry Swentzel

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
here we I go found it . Trico plastics 590 S Vincent Ave. Azusa ,California 91702
818-969-1891 paper is dated Dec 23 1991. it shows a stock forend for Remington 870 110 1187 scope cover 12 20 .410 wads if some one has the Jan/Feb. 1992 of Handloader page 9 is the add. Larry Swentzel.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
I have one of those bottles I am not using. It is slightly bigger in diameter than a standard MEC bottle, and won't fit thru the MEC bottle brace. I'd swap for a large MEC bottle plus postage if anyone wants.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts