Trapshooters Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have had a few break or crack over time, fortunately when they were empty and i was removing them, I have learnt not to leave powder in the powder bottle unless I am using again next day, i believe (but have no proof) that chemicals in the powder degrade the plastic as it is always the powder bottle that gets weak first.

Picking up spitl shot, I use a vacuum cleaner and then transfer shot with all the extra crap into a bucket and using 2 buckets and an industrial Pedistall fan on high speed in the back yard pour the shot down in front of the fan and catch it in the second bucket, after 2 pours the shot is perfectly clean and the crap has been blown away

Argus tuft

·
Registered
39 Posts
MEC bottle supports or DIY bottle supports are the only way to go. It is a good possibility that a crack in the neck of the bottle develops if you often fill your MEC shot bottle more than 1/2 full without bottle supports.

·
Registered
18,636 Posts
Bottles crack because people use them for handles to lay the top over. Like bending wire back and forth, pretty soon it work hardens and breaks.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts