Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anyone know how adjust the mec bar release/lock on a mec 9000, I have my primer tube set pretty low so the primers seat deep enough. the problem is it will release the bar now at all times weather I have a shell in the reloader or not. I know it has something to do with primer pressure but if I move the tube up they will not seat deep enough and catch when the reloader advances. Thanks

·
Registered
16,712 Posts
Take a needle nose pliers and bend the tab under the spring that operates the latch to suit your primer seating adjustment.

HM

·
Registered
16,712 Posts
Hap, you're right in a way. If the clamp on the powder drop tube has more than an eighth of an inch clearance (when the handle is down, priming a shell) it could be down too far. Once the primer is properly seated there is no need for further pressure.

It has to seat the primer positively, hence the 1/8 or so of movement after primer seating. If the primer is seated well, and the clamp is not going up a lot, The final say on the latch mechanism is in the tab located under the spring on the drop tube.

I have ben known to do a bit of bending due to loading shells with a different bottom thickness.

HM

Simple obsrvation while working the loader will tellyou its purpose, and a tweak with a pliers will have it working marvelously.

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
HM, I based my answer on what he said;

"I have my primer tube set pretty low so the primers seat deep enough."

I just thought he was attempting to make too sure the primer seated and moved it down too far.

Hap

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.