Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awhile back a gentleman on here was able to rebuild the rear cylinder on MEC 9000H reloaders. Does anyone know who it was or know of anyone that can rebuild a cylinder? Thanks BYG

·
Premium Member
8,278 Posts
Awhile back a gentleman on here was able to rebuild the rear cylinder on MEC 9000H reloaders. Does anyone know who it was or know of anyone that can rebuild a cylinder? Thanks BYG
I rebuild them and so does Mec.
Please be advised, there are no parts available for the old black cylinders, so I nor Mec rebuilds them. I've tried to locate parts for them, but have been unsuccessful.
MG

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
This is from an old trapshooter topic. I don't believe he is still doing the rebuilds:
Subject: MEC HYDRALIC CLY REPAIRED FIRST AND SECOND DES
Email: [email protected]
Date: Thu, Sep 10, 2009 - 06:43 AM ET
Website Address:

I'M NOW OFFERING THE REBUILDING OF THE MEC HYDRAULIC UNITS, IT CAN BE THE BLACK FIRST DES WITH NO CAPS OR THE SECOND DES WITH CAP ON BOTH ENDS. I CAN REBUILD THEM BOTH AND HAVE PARTS IN STOCK. 40.00 + RETURN SHIPPING. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS DON'T HESITATE TO CALL 423-743-9233

THANKS LEE

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
In reference to the part numbers.
I believe that is an old post from me.
The part number were for the newer models, not the older Black ones.

·
Registered
13,911 Posts
Most any shop that does hydraulic repair can fix the cylinder, I had a local shop rebuilt a leaking PW cylinder and it came out flawlessly.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Buy the parts from MEC and do it yourself. just be aware there is a long spring inside so don’t get hit in the face when removing the cap. I did one for a shooter 3 years ago, doesn’t take very long. Is your rod leaking oil for you to need a rebuild?

·
Registered
530 Posts
I had mine done last year I work at a catapiller dealership and my friend in the hydraulic shop rebuilt mine it was easy. Any hydraulic shop can go it.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
MEC no longer sells the rebuild kits but will rebuild the silver cylinders for $60.00 plus shipping. Figure close to $100 there and back.

My cylinder has a slight leak and I cant tell if its from the bottom cap or from the elbow where the vent tube hooks to.

Where can I buy rebuild kits?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts