Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bicycle part Metal Bicycle wheel Bicycle fork Steel
Auto part Suspension Small appliance Machine
the past few weeks 2 or 3 shells got a slight crinkle in the hull and I could not see why. Tonight the shot tube is stuck and has moved up 1/4 inch +. It is in there tight. Don't want to damage it. Ideas and suggestions?

Have pix

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
The "shot tube" is what MEC calls the drop tube, which slips inside the Rammer tube. Does the drop tube lift out of the rammer tube? If you loosen the clamp on the rammer tube (lower left in the 2nd picture) are you able to move the rammer tube?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The "shot tube" is what MEC calls the drop tube, which slips inside the Rammer tube. Does the drop tube lift out of the rammer tube? If you loosen the clamp on the rammer tube (lower left in the 2nd picture) are you able to move the rammer tube?
No it is jammed tight. Tried to tap it out....no way...squirted some lube in it.....still does not budge.

Perhaps is a jammed by something? Piece of shot?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Loosen the Allen head screw an inch or so below the pressure gauge and the whole tube will slide out. I'd suggest you mark the tube height before disassembly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Like GunsUp said, loosen the screw and take the entire assembly out. Is it possible you might have lowered the handle with a shell that had already been charged with shot? That would make the rammer tube move up as it couldn't go down. Once you pull the entire works out of there you should be able to see what is causing the drop tube to hand up.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All of you collectively nailed it. I did as suggested and all is well. Thanks

PS This a great forum with lots of help available from the members

1 - 6 of 6 Posts