Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Perazzi MX10RS
2,093 Posts
Very simple machine. Where is the foot pedal. I use a PW.
Thanks
Ya I know ignorant. Don't know if I am missing a part.
Steve
Foot pedal is there. It's attached to the pump.

Download the manual from MEC.

There's also videos from MEC on youtube.

· Registered
3,481 Posts
Steve the mec works on a spring return, not a directional valve like the pw's
The mec just pumps one way and then drains back in the same hose, due to strong spring in the cylinder.
There is also a small tube that runs from the bottom of the cylinder to the cap on the reservoir.
Is there in case there is any blow by on the seals in the cylinder, so the oil can drain back into the reservoir.

· Registered
650 Posts
Find a owners manual for the 9000 even if you have to buy it, read it and follow it , step by step, as you set it up. Try to stick to one brand of hulls until you are familiar with the operation. I have the Automate and it is a great machine.

· Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Steve the mec works on a spring return, not a directional valve like the pw's
The mec just pumps one way and then drains back in the same hose, due to strong spring in the cylinder.
There is also a small tube that runs from the bottom of the cylinder to the cap on the reservoir.
Is there in case there is any blow by on the seals in the cylinder, so the oil can drain back into the reservoir.
That explains the small hose

· Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Find a owners manual for the 9000 even if you have to buy it, read it and follow it , step by step, as you set it up. Try to stick to one brand of hulls until you are familiar with the operation. I have the Automate and it is a great machine.
I have the origin owners manual. It written on the out side to use the parts number from the original manual.
Not exactly sure how old it. It went into the shop a couple years ago for updates. It sat in its box from who ever updated it.
I don't need it . I was helping a friend out.
Nice machine
Steve

· Premium Member
12,785 Posts
This is a well built reloading machine. I started off with the junior.
This was an incredible deal.
Now what.
Lol
Steve
First thing I would do is to send it to MEC and tell them the load you plan to run through it, and have them set it up and adjust it, and replace any parts that need replacing.

· Registered
2,394 Posts
I just bought a good looking mec 9000.
In great shape Tell me about it. Hydraulic is great shape.
Steve I View attachment 1749806 View attachment 1749807 View attachment 1749808 View attachment 1749809 View attachment 1749810
And here I thought you were a Spolar guy. How quickly you drank the red Kool-Aid! I have been sipping on the Gold Kool-Aid but still have nothing bad to say about these 9000's which I own 4 of running on the automate. No experience with the hydraulics.

I am no fan at all of that adjustable bar in the last picture. They have a real love/hate reputation here on the forum.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.