Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a used MEC 9000, which was configured to work with a hydraulic pump. However, it was lacking the pump itself and the hoses. Even thought I did get the unit for pretty cheap, I was hoping to avoid buying a new pump from MEC for $800. Do I have other options? Would any hydraulic pump work as long as I could release the pressure at the end of the throw? Looking for some tips, tricks, suggestions, advice. Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I think the MEC pump is probably your best option. In the MEC setup, the foot pedal is a relational petal. Halfway down and the press goes halfway down. All the way down and the press goes all the way down. I have a spare pump and hoses for $400 plus shipping (probably 25# worth), but that would be too expensive if you are in California as your user name might suggest. I am in Virginia.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, I didn't realize it was that sophisticated. I'm sure a mec pump would be a whole lot easier than jerry rigging some DIY solution. I'm in the Midwest, so shipping your pump might not kill me. I'll ping you to discuss (assuming I can figure out how to do that).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, not sure I've posted enough to initiate a PM. Bob, if you could PM me, I'd appreciate it. -Cal

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Convert it to an Automate. Electric instead of hydraulic. That way you will not have to listen to the radio over the whine of a hydraulic pump.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
The 9000H and the 9000G use different bases, and that makes the conversion a bit more difficult. It does not look like Gamaliel or CAC carry the base for the 9000G, but you may be able to get it directly from MEC. You might be able to hacksaw the 9000H to work with the Automate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts