Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I get a re-build kit for the cylinder? MEC no longer sells the kit but they will re-build it if you send it in.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Do you try looking for seal kits at McMaster Carr. They may have what you need and they ship really fast.

·
Registered
222 Posts
As stated above mcmaster carr or also look up Hercules sealing products in Florida. I work for a crane repair shop and we order tons of seals from them for hydraulic cylinders. They will even do custom seals

·
Registered
693 Posts
I have had 2 cylinders go bad over the years. While I have never attempted to rebuild the items myself , I found Mec to be more cost effective (including shipping both ways) in the rebuild than local cylinder shops. In fact-- one time the internal spring broke (which caused tube damage) and Mec replaced the tube at a very reasonable rate.
Your choice & we all like to save $ , but I feel Mec was fair in price and fast in service.
regards
Bob

·
Registered
172 Posts
image.png

320090T,

Not sure if MEC will still sell these parts. A few years ago I found these #'s from another member on here. I believe he just ordered the parts and rebuilt the cylinder himself. Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts