Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While waiting for the tech guys at MEC to get in this morning, I'll ask this question here. While loading on my 9000 last night the bar lock would not allow powder to be dispensed. Shot was being dispensed OK, but not powder because the bar lock would not disengage from the charge bar. I can manually hold the bar lock down and powder is dispensed. Is something broken, or does an adjustment have to be made? Press has worked fine up to this. Thanks.

Ed

· Registered
883 Posts
Hap is correct. If the bar locks to the left,drop the primer seating ram a bit.
It should not need much unless everything is really loose. 1/16" or bit more. Just run the first two stations,but without powder,& watch the bar.

· Banned
5,706 Posts
What Powder are you trying to use?

Remember what Hap said, the rod in the front props up the bar blocker, when there is no hull or ability to sense hull bar will lock and not drop anything.

Gary Bryant
Dr.longshot

· Registered
1,127 Posts
Cycle the machine to the bottom of the cycle and measure the space between the bottom of the clamp holding the primer tube and the top of the deck--the spring will be compressed. This gap should be about 1/4"; just a tad more for AA's and a tad less for Nitro's. Tighten the clamp TIGHT!!

Doc

· Registered
17,357 Posts
What Ray said. The compression of the spring raises the tang that sticks out which makes the latch release each cycle. The powder drop tube needs lowered till it works.

I have been known to bend that little thingy.

HM

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.