Trapshooters Forum banner

Mec 650

1371 18
Hello, I am not new to reloading as I have reloaded metallic cartridges for years now but I recently picked up a mec 650 to get into shotshell reloading and the manual with it is pretty old and doesn’t have a lot of in depth info. Are there any intricacies about the 650s I should know about? Thank you in advance.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
1,169 Posts
When new, the 650 came with a resize ring and tube that screwed into the deprime station. It was a separate step, so most people would go through and resize them all first.

Reactions: dbenner1029

· Registered
267 Posts
Love my 650. Just get your primer feed tray adjusted, in or out, up or down, correctly so the primer doesn't flip upside down or not drop in the hole. Get that set up and you can pump out shell's pretty quickly. To bad MEC quit producing the 650.

· Sponsors a Reloaders for Youth Program
13,003 Posts
Love my 650. Just get your primer feed tray adjusted, in or out, up or down, correctly so the primer doesn't flip upside down or not drop in the hole. Get that set up and you can pump out shell's pretty quickly. To bad MEC quit producing the 650.
The grabber is a nice machine, very close to the 650 with a resizer the 650 didn't really have.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I definitely see getting the primer tray adjusted correctly will be something I need to fiddle with. Thanks for the heads up

· Registered
296 Posts
Primer feed assembly can be adjusted up and down and rotated. Keep fiddling until you get it right, then tighten the clamp. It may require adjusting the length of the ball chain. Prior to adjusting it, clean the tray with Windex or something similar and then wax and polish it.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Primer feed assembly can be adjusted up and down and rotated. Keep fiddling until you get it right, then tighten the clamp. It may require adjusting the length of the ball chain. Prior to adjusting it, clean the tray with Windex or something similar and then wax and polish it.
I was noticing some stickiness to the tray and moving parts I’ll definitely hit it with some windex, and polish it, thank you!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.