Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried one of these machines yet? Would like to hear feed back from those that are currently using the machine. Tim Hall

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Currently using 5 of them. Had a couple small problems which we figured we mite we had some of first with the 500 turit. MEC was great on service never had any down time . Only 4 months of use if they are like any other MEC products I personally think they will last a long time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We've been using ours for 3 months (we have 5). Several problems, had MEC out twice. Hard to adjust lefts and right targets to conform with ATA requirements, not alone trying to get speed and height. We won't be doing any ATA programs.

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
We just had four installed. What I don't like is the rotation of the trap is either to fast, or the time interrupter needs to be shorter to stop the trap. We are finding the trap throws the same target with a certain call cadence. The trap ends up the same place when the call is made, even though the trap is constantly rotating, it is doing a full rotation between calls without stopping.

I called MEC about it, and they said that it is set up to stop people from reading the targets. I feel this is not right, as the trap rotates constantly with a 15 second time frame for interruption stop, then it immediately starts again without call, and stops again about 3 seconds or so later. This changes the bird angle but then the same pattern develops, when the the trap rotation gets back into the 15 second time frame for delay. The trap is rotating so fast that the whole trap shakes violently when it stops and starts. This should be slower, and the time interruption shorter as to stop the trap between calls so that the same bird can't be thrown in succession on certain timing cadences. Which is what it is supposedly designed to do.

My opinion is that the trap rotation should be adjustable for speed, and the time interruption should be adjustable, and shorter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts