Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can remember seeing "Impeach Bauccus" bumper stickers at some Montana state shoots back in the 90's. Should elected office be a lifetime permit to graze at the public trough? What say you all? We've got 'em up here in Canada too. Shouldn't be allowed IMHO.

Ron Burr

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
After he cast the deciding vote "for" the Brady act he prob'ly knows he wouldn't be too welcome back home in Montana. His mentor Sen. Mike Mansfield did likewise after voting for the Gun Control Act of '68, retired from the senate and then took a job as ambassador to Japan. Personally I'm a big fan of term limits, I really don't believe the "founding fathers" envisioned that the nation they'd founded would be run by a bunch of professional politicians?

John C. Saubak

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Sounds like he's not even qualified for the job. After reading the third paragraph it sounds like there's more to it..more like a political move by the Democrats.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I think it's more of a payback for supporting obamacare. He burned his election chances with that also. One thing about this administration, for the most part they take care of their friends.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Boy.....we just keep steppin' in dog shit don't we? Next we need to appoint Dennis Rodman ambassador to N Korea. Seems he's already doing it in an unofficial capacity anyway.

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Professional Politicians are a "product" of the Voters NOT practicing "Term limits".

The Founders didn't see the LIV'S of today coming to pass, they Thought Americans would stay informed and would Vote the Bums OUT when needed, in order to keep their fought for Freedoms!!

Thomas Jefferson WARNED us what would happen if we didn't!! and GAVE us the solution on how to correct it.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Baucus is completely qualified. He once went to a Chinese restaurant and tried chopsticks. He failed butn he tried.

·
Molon Labe
11,993 Posts
Timb, the founders did think about LIV's back then, there were certain things that voters had to meet before they could vote, like own land, be a male, etc, but they were all repealed over the years

They knew you had to have some skin in the game to keep the country on an even keel, but later generations diluted the electorate to cause what we have been seeing in elections

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
So true! catpower!

I've always wondered what we would be if only land owners had the right to vote and Politicians had to seek out those land owners for their PAY and Expenses for living in DC.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Timberfaller.

What ifm it were only taxpayers whom could vote? That would make a few additional voters but with the same rationalization and with the same result. Hey, I'm all for that! It's called, "Skin in the game".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts